Now that summer is in full swing, my inbox has been flooded with two questions:
- How to Eat Healthy While Traveling?
- What are Healthy Snack Ideas for the Summer?
For many families (mine included) summertime means lots of time outside our kitchen.
From road trips to beach trips and days at the pool, summer can be a challenging time to stick to your healthy eating if you don’t have a good plan in place.
If you have traveling plans and want to know how to eat healthy while traveling, click here for 4 easy travel tips I use to eat healthy while on the road.
I have a few of my standard healthy road trip snacks listed there but today I wanted to give you a more detailed list with some more healthy snack ideas for summer.
Below you’ll find a list of healthy snack ideas that are picnic-portable.
Some are recipes, and some are pre-packaged snacks that you can easily buy for a quick grab-and-go. These healthy snack ideas are easily transportable to the beach or pool, are 100% kid friendly and will please your taste buds without wrecking your fat loss goals.
These are some of our go-to healthy beach + pool snacks.
25 Healthy Snack Ideas for Summer
- Any Low Carb Brownies/Cookies (I like this low carb baking mix)
- Nuts (these yummy crock pot almonds are a huge hit)
- Fruit like berries, apples, watermelon or clementines
- Baby carrots or cherry tomatoes
- Snap pea crisps (I buy these)
- Pre-cut veggies like broccoli & cauliflower (Great with this greek yogurt veggie dip)
- Beef Jerky (this is my favorite)
- Celery and peanut-butter or almond butter (I love making THIS!)
- Confetti protein bars
- Greek yogurt
- Gluten free peanut butter cookies
- Protein bars (HERE’s how to pick the best protein bars)
- Protein Shakes (click HERE for protein powder 101) or KidzShake (this is what I give my boys)
- Pre-made protein cookies (Use the coupon code: beyondfit for 10% off your entire order!)
- Chocolate chip cookie dough bites
- Low Carb Popcorn (this is our FAVORITE!)
- Single serving guacamole packets
- Single serving nut butters
- Roasted chickpeas (Make your own or buy these)
- Cheese sticks
- BCAAs or healthy drink mix in water (currently loving strawberry breeze – read about the benefits of BCAAs here)
- Turkey wrap + homemade chips
- Healthy peanut butter cups (make your own or order these!)
- Salads in a mason jar (some of my favs are here)
- BCAA popsicles
This post contains affiliate links because it’s fun to share our favorite things! BeyondFit Mom may be compensated when you click on one of these links. Thank you for supporting BeyondFit Mom.
Need more ideas for a healthy summer?
- KID FRIENDLY SUMMER SNACKS
- SUMMER SIZZLE RECIPES
- FIT SUMMER CHALLENGE: 31 DAYS OF ACTIVE
- HEALTHY RED, WHITE & BLUE SUMMER RECIPES
We hope everyone has a great summer!!