By Kate Horney
Coffee often gets a bad rap in the world of health and fitness, but the truth is that coffee actually has some really cool health benefits.
Of course I’m not talking about sugar loaded lattes (make your own healthy version here), but when looking at black coffee, research has found quite a few health benefits. Many studies show that coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of several serious diseases including diabetes, alzheimer’s, and even parkinson’s. And a good quality coffee (like the Rabbit Coffee I’ll share about below) is loaded with antioxidants and beneficial nutrients that can improve your health.
Check out the nutrition facts of a single cup of coffee:
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2): 11% of the RDA.
- Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5): 6% of the RDA.
- Manganese and Potassium: 3% of the RDA.
- Magnesium and Niacin (B3): 2% of the RDA.
Although this may not seem like a big deal, most people are drinking more than one cup per day. If you drink 3-4, then these amounts quickly add up.
In addition, here are 3 Health Benefits of Drinking coffee….
- Coffee drinkers have a 23-50% lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Each daily cup of coffee is linked to a 7% lower risk (Check out the study here). Over 300 million people worldwide are diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, which is caused by elevated blood sugars and often leads to insulin resistance. But studies show that coffee drinkers have a significantly reduced risk of developing type 2 diabetes!
- Coffee may lower the risk of liver cancer, (Check out the study here) or prevent damage to your liver. In addition to lowering cancer risks, studies show that coffee may protect against cirrhosis, a condition in which your liver has been largely replaced by scar tissue.
- Coffee helps you burn fat. (Check out the study here) It sounds crazy but it’s true. Coffee can increase your metabolic rate and help your body burn more fat and calories even while you rest. Caffeine – which is found in almost every commercial fat burning supplement – is one of the very few natural substances that has been proven to boost fat burning. In fact, research shows that caffeine can boost the metabolic rate of an individual by anywhere from 3-11%.
Bonus Coffee Facts: Did you know?
- Caffeine makes the fat cells break down body fat, releasing them into the blood as free fatty acids and making them available as fuel (Read the study here).
- Coffee improves memory, mood, vigilance, energy levels, reaction times and general cognitive function (Read the study here).
- Several studies show that coffee drinkers have up to a 65% lower risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease (Read the study here).
- Coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of developing Parkinson’s disease. (Read the study here).
- Women who drink 4 or more cups per day have a 20% lower risk of becoming depressed (Read the study here).
Now that you know about the health benefits of coffee, let me share with you one of my newest coffee finds: Rabbit Coffee Roasting Company!
If you’re a coffee lover like me, check this out….
Rabbit Coffee Roasting Co. is a craft coffee roasting company founded and based in West Palm Beach, FL. They are dedicated to seasonally hand selecting some of the world’s finest micro lot coffees. Their roasters have worked tirelessly to develop the ideal roast profile for each of their single origin coffees.
Each bean is artfully hand roasted to peak sweetness, highlighting the coffee’s most positive characteristics and creating a difference you can taste in all of their products!
Rabbit’s coffee beans are available in 2oz single serving variety packs, 12oz bags and 5lb bags. All of their coffee beans are ethically sourced from the world’s most desirable regions. They do not blend or mix any of their beans and sell everything from one single origin. This insures you will taste the most positive flavors of each bean.
Their Organic Rabbit Cold Brew is made from their Fair Trade Organic single origin coffee beans. Once roasted, the beans are added to cold water in a wine barrel, where they steep in a refrigerated room for over 18 hours. After reaching ideal taste, the cold brew is infused with nitrogen and bottled, without adding any water or flavoring. This process makes Rabbit Cold Brew smooth and intensely rich, with a hint of natural sweetness and low acidity.
Their glass bottles each contain more than 40mg of caffeine per ounce. Their cold brew is delicious sipped directly from the bottle, over ice, or make Rabbit Cold Brew your own special treat by adding flavoring, dairy, spirits or water. Personally, I’ve been enjoying a couple ounces of Rabbit Cold Brew added to my post workout shake – it’s amazing!
Cold brewed coffee can be enjoyed either cold or hot, but you’ll find it has very low acidity as compared to other coffees (including ice coffee), since the coffee is never exposed to heat during the brewing process. Rabbit Cold Brew is available in both 2oz and 8oz sizes and must be kept refrigerated, as they do not include any additives or preservatives.
Jack Rabbit Energy is made with real cold brew coffee, and is the first of its kind all natural energy shot made with just 6 simple ingredients, including REAL coffee! Each 2oz caramel flavored shot contains 140mg caffeine, approximately as much caffeine found in 10-12 ounces of regular coffee. This is the perfect boost to get energized and focus, without the jittery side effects of many all natural energy drinks made of chemicals and additives.
Ready to order this amazing coffee? Click HERE!
Use the code BEYONDFIT for 15% off your entire order!!
Are you a coffee lover?
Do you want to be one of the women featured in these photos? Join the BeyondFit Life Club today and see real results in record time!