Coffee often gets a bad rap in the world of health and fitness, but the truth is coffee actually offers some really cool health benefits.
Of course I’m not talking about sugar loaded lattes (make your own healthy version here), but when looking at black coffee, research shows quite a few health benefits. Many studies reveal that coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of several serious diseases including diabetes, alzheimer’s, and even parkinson’s. And a good quality coffee (like the Rabbit Coffee I’ll share about below) comes loaded with antioxidants and beneficial nutrients that can improve your health.
Check out the nutrition facts of a single cup of coffee:
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2): 11% of the RDA.
- Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5): 6% of the RDA.
- Manganese and Potassium: 3% of the RDA.
- Magnesium and Niacin (B3): 2% of the RDA.
Although this may not seem like a big deal, most people drink more than one cup per day. If you drink 3-4, these amounts add up quickly.
3 Health Benefits of Drinking Coffee
- Coffee drinkers show a 23-50% lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Each daily cup of coffee links to a 7% lower risk (Check out the study here). Over 300 million people worldwide become diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, caused by elevated blood sugars and often leading to insulin resistance. But studies show that coffee drinkers carry a significantly reduced risk of developing type 2 diabetes!
- Coffee may also lower the risk of liver cancer, (Check out the study here) or prevent damage to your liver. In addition to lowering cancer risks, studies show that coffee may protect against cirrhosis, a condition in which your liver becomes largely replaced by scar tissue.
- Finally, coffee helps you burn fat. (Check out the study here) It sounds crazy but it’s true. Coffee increases your metabolic rate and helps your body burn more fat and calories, even while you rest. Caffeine – found in almost every commercial fat burning supplement – is one of the very few natural substances that boosts fat burning. In fact, research shows that caffeine boosts the metabolic rate of an individual by anywhere from 3-11%.
Bonus Coffee Facts
- Caffeine makes the fat cells break down body fat, releasing them into the blood as free fatty acids and making them available as fuel (Read the study here).
- Coffee improves memory, mood, vigilance, energy levels, reaction times and general cognitive function (Read the study here).
- Several studies show that coffee drinkers experience up to a 65% lower risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease (Read the study here).
- Coffee drinkers carry a much lower risk of developing Parkinson’s disease. (Read the study here).
- Women who drink 4 or more cups per day have a 20% lower risk of becoming depressed (Read the study here).
Now that you know about the health benefits of coffee, check out one of my newest coffee finds…
30% of the coffee drinking public experiences upper gastro-intestinal distress when drinking coffee. These symptoms can manifest as heartburn, acid-reflux, indigestion, sour-stomach, and GERD. The assumption has been that Ph level has much to do with these symptoms. This is misleading and in most cases, incorrect.
There are dozens of different types of acids in coffee. Many of them are beneficial to flavor and are healthy. However, there is a specific acid in coffee that causes upper GI distress. Chlorogenic Acid, specifically CQA 3,4, and 5 has been definitively correlated with stomach problems. Chlorogenic Acids can occur naturally in green coffee. Drum roasting can increase these levels significantly.
Over 98% of coffee roasters in this country roast coffee in a drum roaster. We don’t. Instead, we’ve engineered, designed, and manufactured our own coffee roaster that uses convection technology to roast coffee. Instead of introducing green coffee to a hot drum, we roast using hot air. Our coffees never come into contact with hot steel. Our coffees are gently roasted in a stream of very hot air which results in substantially lower levels of Chlorogenic Acid. Magnitudes lower. The results is a smooth, flavorful, easy to drink coffee that doesn’t upset your stomach.
Skeptical? Good. You should be. If you’re one of the many that experiences stomach problems with drinking coffee you’ve probably already researched the topic on-line and found lots of information, much of it contradictory. Our claims are based on the work of Dr. Taka Shibamoto, Distinguished Professor of Environmental Toxicology at the UC Davis Coffee Center. Dr. Shibamoto has conducted studies on Chlorogenic Acid in coffees. These studies have determined that elevated levels of Chlorogenic Acid in coffee are major contributors to bitterness in coffee as well as upper GI distress.
Ready to order this amazing coffee? Click HERE to get it on amazon!
Do you want to be one of the women featured in these photos? Join the BeyondFit Life Club today and see real results in record time!