“Comfort food” is by far one of my favorite foods to eat: Anything from mac and cheese, pizza, tater tots, hamburgers, etc…
But let’s be honest, most of that stuff isn’t fat loss friendly!
When I came across a recipe for Cauliflower Tots I knew I had to give it a try, with a few minor adjustments. I love tater tots, but like I mentioned earlier, they’re not very fat loss friendly.
Instead of using traditional potatoes, I used cauliflower, yes you read that correctly, cauliflower….
What you’ll need:
- Mini muffin pan
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray mini muffin pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Shred cauliflower. (I used my food processor) Put cauliflower in a towel to get out excess water.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into mini muffin pan. Press mixture firmly with back of spoon.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
BONUS: Cauliflower Tots are also kid friendly, and a great way to get them to eat vegetables. 🙂
Need more HEALTHY & Family Friendly Meal ideas?
We have tons of delicious, healthy and easy recipes at BeyondFit Life!
If you need ideas for healthy week night dinners, fat loss friendly snacks, quick and easy breakfasts, and more… you will love the recipe section of the portal!
And to make things even better: you can download all our member recipes INSTANTLY!