Sunny days. Cool evenings. Leaves falling. Cider brewing.
Who doesn’t love Autumn?
One of the things I love most about Autumn is trying new healthy, hot dinner recipes to warm up on cold evenings!
The following four recipes should give you a week’s worth (with leftovers!) of wonderfully warm, delicious and healthy meals to share with your family this Autumn!
Healthy, Hot Dinner Recipes: 2 Tasty Types of Burgers
- 5 oz. Grated zucchini (4 oz. when squeezed)
- 1 lb. 93% Lean ground turkey
- 1/4 C. Seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 2 T. Red onion, grated
- 1 T. Fresh oregano
- 3/4 t. Kosher Salt
- 3/4 t. Fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 C. Crumbled feta cheese
- Oil spray for cooking
- Squeeze all moisture from zucchini with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, zucchini, breadcrumbs and spices.
- Mix well and add feta cheese.
- Form 5 equal patties, making sure to keep them on the thin side for cooking ease.
- Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Use oil spray to cook on medium heat in a warmed skillet, turning halfway through desired cooking time.
This healthy, hot dinner recipe works well served over a greek-style salad!
- 1 pound Ground meat
- 4 strips Pre-cooked bacon
- 1 t. Unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 t. Chili powder
- 1 t. Cumin powder
- 1 T. Butter or coconut oil (for cooking)
- 1 Avocado
- Lime juice
- Unrefined sea salt
- Optional: A few dashes of your favorite hot sauce
- Lettuce for garnish
- Mash together avocado, lime and salt in a small bowl. Add optional hot sauce now. Set aside.
- Combine ground meat, chopped bacon, salt and spices in a medium bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Form into 9 small patties.
- Heat fat of choice in skillet on medium to medium/high heat.
- Cook patties 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or to desired amount.
- Serve over a bed of fresh lettuce.
- Top with avocado.
Enjoy these burgers with a low-carb roll and lots of veggies!
Healthy, Hot Dinner Recipes: 2 Scrumptious Crock Pot Creations
- 1 3 lb. Chicken, cleaned and fat removed
- 1 t. Smoked paprika
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/2 t. Pepper
- 1/2 t. Garlic powder
- 1/2 t. Dried basil
- 1/2 t. Dried oregano
- 1 lemon
- Make 3-5 aluminum foil balls and place in the bottom of your crock pot. (Alternatively, you can wrap 3-5 small sweet potatoes in the foil and place these in the bottom of your crock pot.)
- Mix together all spice with the juice from the lemon.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken.
- Stuff the lemon rind into the chicken cavity and place on top of the foil balls/sweet potatoes.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Optional: For crispier skin, preheat the one to 500 degrees and roast the chicken for 10 minutes before serving.
Don’t forget extra veggies such as carrots, onions and celery when you serve this healthy, hot dinner recipe!
- 2 T. Olive oil
- 1/2 Medium red onion, chopped
- 1/4 lb. Baby carrots
- 1 Small sweet potato, peeled and cut into stew-size pieces
- 1/4 lb. Mushrooms
- 3 C. Low sodium chicken broth, no sugar added
- 2 t. Garlic powder
- 1 t. Peppercorns OR freshly ground black pepper
- 1 T. Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 lb. Backstrap venison, cut into stew-size pieces
- Salt to taste, after cooking
- Saute the onion, carrots, and sweet potatoes in the olive oil.
- Add in all ingredients except the venison and bring to a boil.
- In a separate pan, brown the venison.
- Once the sweet potatoes and carrots begin to soften, add the venison into to stew and simmer until fully cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly, salt to taste and serve.
Doesn’t stew just hit the spot on a cold autumn evening? This one will satisfy the whole family!
Savor the season!
Ladies, the warmth and aroma from these delicious, nutrient-filled meals will bring your family to the dinner table faster than you can light your pumpkin spice candles!
Looking for more fat-loss friendly, delicious recipes that work for you and your family? Click here for 15 more!