I love to create yummy low carb recipes from scratch. You can check out a TON of my healthy dessert recipes here.
But sometimes I just need something FAST.
Recently, I tried a couple of low carb baking mixes and I fell in love.
I’ll be honest when I tell you that most low carb “healthy” baking mixes that I’ve tried have been pretty gross. They generally taste like cardboard and have so many sugar alcohols that they leave me super bloated and uncomfortable.
This mix adds a healthy twist to a timeless, crowed-pleasing classic…who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies?
With only 4 net carbs and 1 gram of sugar, these chocolate chip cookies won’t break your diet. Packed with 5 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber, this delicious morsel is an excellent choice to those looking for a snack that will last.
The ingredients in these cookies are pretty cool….
- Whey Protein Isolate: This is a partially hydrolyzed natural whey protein isolate that has two independent trials. Aside from the functional benefits of this particular ingredient for purposes of baking, the independent trials on this ingredient showed significant decreases in fat mass while retaining lean body mass.
- Whole Algal Flour: This is a whole food ingredient that is free from allergens, vegan, not bioengineered, and gluten free. It significantly improves mouthfeel making each bite richer and creamer. This ingredient is rich in the good fats (monounsaturated fatty acids) that your body needs. This ingredient is trans-fat free and cholesterol free.
- Oat Bran: This particular oat bran is silky and creamy. It provides a high fat mouthfeel experience but a low-fat nutrition matrix. This oat bran has a neutral taste and remains stable for baking purposes.
- Acacia Gum: This is a natural dietary prebiotic fiber. Silver Fern™ Brand uses this particular ingredient for the mouthfeel it provides as well as the many nutritional benefits.
- Kakato™ Sweetener: Whereas most baking mixes load up on sugar (including various sugar names), Paka baking mixes uses Kakato™ sweetener as its sugar substitute. This allows for a teeth friendly, prebiotic, low glycemic index, and fiber sweetener sugar substitute to give you the sweetness you crave from sugar without all the negatives of sugar.
- Flaxseed Meal: This is a natural clean flaxseed hydrolloid and protein system to help with the moisture management and shelf life extension of the baking mixes. It increases the baking good volume, improves the dough extensibility, and increases mouthfeel.
Are you a chocolate chip cookie lover?
If so, you may also love some of these low carb recipes for healthy chocolate chip desserts:
BeyondFit’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Protein Squares
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
No Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie (Gluten Free!)
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Jackson has been really into helping me bake lately, so when he asked to make another round of the low carb brownies, I couldn’t turn him down…
With only a shocking 2 net carbs per serving, you will not find a lower carb treat on the market. High protein and fiber, natural, artificial free, whole ingredients make this brownie a dessert that your body will thank you for.
Join BeyondFit Life and discover how to participate in exclusive Transformation Challenges, unlock hundreds of fat loss articles you won’t read anywhere else, download fat loss tools, expert interviews, bonus “How To” exercise videos, meal plans, recipes and more!