By Kate Horney
I’m always on a hunt for yummy low carb foods.
I love to create yummy low carb recipes from scratch, but sometimes I just need something FAST. When time is an issue, it’s nice to have something healthy and quick.
Recently, I stumbled across some low carb baking mixes and decided to give them a try.
To be honest, most low carb “healthy” baking mixes that I’ve tried have been…. well, gross. They generally taste like cardboard and have so many sugar alcohols that they leave me bloated for days.
When I found these Silver Fern Paka Baking Mixes I was skeptical…
but they turned out to be TOO GOOD not to SHARE!
(if you’re looking for some new quick & easy low carb foods- you have to order these ASAP!)
First up, low carb Blueberry Muffins.
Whether you are looking for a tantalizing treat or a delicious breakfast staple, the Paka Blueberry Muffin mix is for you. Traditional baked goods are packed with harmful calorie-laden ingredients. With only 7 net carbs per serving, Paka Blueberry Muffins defy what should be possible with baking.
Free of refined and processed sugars, these blueberry muffins deliver their sweetness through the natural sugars found in blueberries. Packed with protein and fiber, Paka Blueberry Muffins curb carbohydrate cravings to keep you satisfied for extended periods of time.
The ingredients for these low carb blueberry muffins are awesome.
- Whey Protein Isolate- This is a partially hydrolyzed natural whey protein isolate that has two independent trials. Aside from the functional benefits of this particular ingredient for purposes of baking, the independent trials on this ingredient showed significant decreases in fat mass while retaining lean body mass.
- Whole Algal Flour- This is a whole food ingredient that is free from allergens, vegan, not bioengineered, and gluten free. It significantly improves mouthfeel making each bite richer and creamer. This ingredient is rich in the good fats (monounsaturated fatty acids) that your body needs. This ingredient is trans-fat free and cholesterol free.
- Oat Bran- This particular oat bran is silky and creamy. It provides a high fat mouthfeel experience but a low-fat nutrition matrix. This oat bran has a neutral taste and remains stable for baking purposes.
- Acacia Gum- This is a natural dietary prebiotic fiber. Silver Fern™ uses this particular ingredient for the mouthfeel it provides as well as the many nutritional benefits.
- Kakato™ Sweetener- Whereas most baking mixes load up on sugar (including various sugar names), Paka baking mixes uses Kakato™ sweetener as its sugar substitute. This allows for a teeth friendly, prebiotic, low glycemic, and fiber sweetener sugar substitute to give you the sweetness you crave from sugar without all the negatives of sugar.
And then….The German Chocolate Brownie mix.
Oh my goodness!
This low carb brownie baking mix bakes into a moist and rich, diet friendly craving crusher dessert.
With only a shocking 2 net carbs per serving, you will not find a lower carb treat on the market. High protein and fiber, natural, artificial free, whole ingredients make this brownie a dessert that your body will thank you for.
The sweetener for these low carb brownies is a prebiotic, low glycemic, and fiber sweetener, so you can enjoy the sweetness you crave without the added negatives of sugar OR the bloat that comes from tons of sugar alcohols.
Fewer calories with more satisfaction, it’s easy to see why the German Chocolate Brownie baking mix is one of brand’s most popular mixes.
Things I love about this low carb baking mix:
- Gluten free
- Sweetened with Kakato sweetener
- No added sugar
- Sugar alcohol free
- Soft, fluffy consistency
- Moist and delicious
- Natural, not bioengineered Ingredients
- Fewer calories
- More protein & fiber
- Low net carbs
A moist, rich brownie mix with an astonishing 2 net carbs per serving. Gluten free, natural ingredients sustain you with 5 grams of protein, 6 grams of fiber and 0 grams of sugar.
Now that I know how delicious these low carb baking mixes are, I’m definitely going to order a few more.
Next on my list to try:
- Low Carb Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Baking Mix
- Low Carb Lemon Bar Baking Mix
- Low Carb Protein Pancake Baking Mix
- Low Carb Key Lime Pie Bars Baking Mix
And of course, if you love to bake and have some time to spend in the kitchen, here are a few of my favorite homemade low carb brownie + muffin recipes. 🙂
Healthy Low Carb Brownie Recipes
- Mint Chocolate Sweet Potato Brownies
- Healthy Flourless Brownies
- Fudgy Vegan Brownies
- Black Bean Brownies
Healthy Low Carb Muffin Recipes