Are you ready to make a change? Get ready for #motivationmonday!
If you’re working on your goals but need some motivation, I’m here to help.
Additionally, if you want to boost motivation and increase your chances for long-term success, you need to know your stage of change.
#MotivationMonday: 6 Stages of Change
- Pre-contemplation: Not yet acknowledging a problem behavior needs changing
- Contemplation: Acknowledging the problem but not yet ready or sure of wanting to make a change
- Preparation/Determination: Getting ready to change
- Action/Willpower: Changing behavior
- Maintenance: Maintaining the behavior change
- Relapse: Returning to older behaviors and abandoning the new changes
What do you do when you experience the first or second stage of change and need a #motivationmonday to spur you on?
If you simply feel “stuck,” you’re likely teetering between the maintenance and relapse stage. You’ve acknowledged a problem or that you’d like to become healthier. You’ve determined your readiness to change. Most likely, you’ve even started to take steps towards your goal.
The problem comes when you don’t achieve your goal as quickly as you anticipated. You’ve been working, but the progress is slow. It’s at this time that we begin to get tired.
This is precisely when BeyondFit’s programming, support and accountability offers the best help.
If you’re ready to make a change, check out the BeyondFit Life for help with changing behavior. We’ll teach you how to do fitness better and create lasting lifestyle changes in the areas of exercise, nutrition and lifestyle factors.
In addition to getting you started on your path to change, BeyondFit Life includes the support and accountability you need to maintain the behavior change and avoid returning to old behaviors. Our workouts and nutrition get you more results in less time! Offering live, online support and accountability makes BeyondFit Life the solution you’re looking for when you need a month full of #motivationmondays!
#MotivationMonday: 3 simple tips to achieve your fitness goals
Before you start your exercise program, you need a plan. To get started, answer these three questions:
- When will you exercise? Identify three days and times that are convenient for you and stick with those days so you are working out at the same time each week.
- What type of exercise will you do? The best type of exercise is one you enjoy.
- Finally, how much time will you spend exercising? Want me to create a plan for you? Join the BeyondFit Life Club and get a schedule that tells you exactly WHAT to do WHEN! Bonus: I’ll also tell you for how long – and it’s never more than 30 minutes, 3 times a week!
If you want to stay on track with your goals, you need support and accountability. Find someone else who has resolved to start exercising and begin your fitness journey together. Having a partner will increase your chances for success and you’ll have more fun! An exercise partner provides you with a support system, a positive social experience and inspiration. Additionally, there will be times when you don’t feel like working out and a partner can be just the motivation you need to get going. Need a support system? Join the BeyondFit Life Club to connect with like-minded women from across the globe!
3. Prepare for Progress
Once you have your exercise plan and your exercise partner, you’re ready to get to the fun part: making progress! Beware, though, one of the biggest problems with fitness goals is they can be extremely impractical. Setting goals is a great idea, but make sure they are realistic and feasible. You won’t drop 10 lbs in 2 weeks, but with time and consistency, you can make more progress than you ever thought possible!
So you have decided to make changes in your life! Now, how do you best go about staying motivated to break old habits and create new ones that will bring about the changes you are seeking?
#MotivationMonday: 10 Motivational Tips to Keep You Moving
- You can’t replace something with nothing. If you want to stop doing something, don’t replace that something with nothing. The brain has pathways deeply associated with your behaviors. If you are used to doing something in a particular situation and you simply stop, you are not providing the brain with new pathways.
- Activation energy is not your friend. Activation energy is the amount of energy it takes to start a task. For example, if you want to go for a walk at the end of the day rather than watch TV, you need to make the activation energy for watching TV greater and the activation energy for going for a walk less.
- Too much all at once is exhausting. Change one thing at a time. Self-control is exhaustible, and the brain does not do well at multitasking.
- Practice makes perfect. Brain cells that fire together, wire together. If you want to make change permanent, you have to constantly expose yourself to the change.
- Create clear direction. The conscious, rational mind is great at setting goals, but it is also great at side-tracking you with too much detail. If you want change, you need to give yourself very clear direction and map out all the steps required.
- Recharge willpower. Willpower is exhaustible. You can’t win a battle of wills against your physiology. This is why managing your energy and taking time to recharge is important.
- Design the environment. Every change you make should be as easy or easier than the one it replaces.
- Practice in your head. Remember the fact that the brain cells that fire together, wire together, and the faster they wire together, the more likely you are to solidify change. Imagine yourself doing the behavior you want to make a habit. Play it in your head over and over again.
- Build your support team. Social support is HUGE when it comes to change. That’s why a program like the BeyondFit Life Club can play such a huge role in helping you achieve long-term success.
- Do your research. Finally, read answers to some of our most frequently asked questions and areas that women most want to change:
- How to Reduce Belly Fat
- How to Get Rid of Loose Skin After Pregnancy
- Menopause Weight Loss in 3 Simple Steps
- Fat Loss for Each Body Type
- Weight Loss and Your Menstrual Cycle
The BeyondFit Life Club has everything you need to achieve your fat loss goals and to stick with those changes for LIFE! Join today and start downloading workouts, recipes and live online support IMMEDIATELY!