9 Outdoor Activities for Kids
Healthy kids are raised by healthy moms. As moms, we play a big role in our children’s choices and behaviors. I’m always looking for healthy ways to keep my kids active, and to fuel their healthy lifestyles. Today’s post is sponsored by Stonyfield® Organic Kids®.
Now that spring is here and it will be summer before we know it, we’re taking our activities (and snacks!) outside!
Keep reading to see how we’re celebrating Earth Month with some simple outdoor activities for kids to get them outside without breaking the bank.
- Set Up Active Games: Turn off the video games and take your gaming outdoors. My boys love active games like hide and seek, tag, or backyard obstacle courses.
- Go for a ride! Grab your bikes and helmets and take a family bike ride. Whether it’s down your street, through your neighborhood or on a bicycling trail, it’s fun activity for everyone to keep moving and enjoy the breeze from a bike!
- Explore the playground! Everyone knows playgrounds are great ways to get kids active outdoors. Find your favorite local playground or if you’re up for an adventure, try a different playground in a nearby town. Pack a picnic and make it a day trip!
- Take a walk! You already know the benefits of a leisurely walk for lowering cortisol. But it’s also a great way to spend time being active as a family and to get your kids active. Find a park to stroll through or just walk around the neighborhood. It’s a great time to spend together, talking and walking as a family.
- Play with water! Turn on the sprinkler and let your kids run and jump through it. Fill up water balloons, set up a water slide, or fill a kiddie pool for some good ol’ fashioned splashing!
- Create an outdoor race! Take some time on a Saturday morning to plan a family race. We love our 10 minute sprint workouts, and they’ve quickly become a weekly tradition. Whether you sprint down the driveway, at the track, or at the park, see if you can go all out for 30 seconds, take 1 minute to rest/recover and repeat!
- Take a Hike! We love to find hiking or nature trails to explore. It’s a great leisurely walk, time for our family to talk, and for my boys to explore the great outdoors.
- Go for a Swim! Who doesn’t love a good swim? Whether you’re hitting the beach, lake or pool, swimming is a great way to stay active!
- Plan a garden! Grab a shovel and get ready to dig… It’s hard work to plant a garden. Kids love to get muddy and they’ll love to see what grows from their hard work. Herbs and salad leaves are quick to grow, and most kids enjoy eating what they have grown!
What would you add to this list?
However you spend your day, be sure to refuel with a healthy snack!
Bring Stonyfield® Organic Kids® along for your Earth Month activities and help Stonyfield® celebrate their 35th birth month too! You can find this yummy yogurt in cups, pouches, tubes, and even smoothies- they’re the perfect convenient and delicious grab-and-go snack that can be enjoyed anywhere your activity takes you!
Most moms know that Stonyfield® isn’t new to organic yogurt, they’ve been mom’s trusted brand for 35 years! I personally love that Stonyfield recently completed a sugar reduction across its Stonyfield® Organic Kids® products, and has between 25% – 40% less sugar than the leading kids’ yogurt.
And did you know? Stonyfield® Organic Kids® yogurt multipacks are made from plants!
These cups made from plants have a lower carbon footprint and are better for the environment than petroleum based cups. Celebrate Earth Month and snack on the only kid’s yogurt that comes in plant-based cups.
P.S. You can read more about the benefits of exercise for kids here.
And moms, you can get in on the earth month activity action too! Click here to read 5 ways you can take your fitness outdoors in honor of earth month!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Stonyfield® Organic Kids®.