Typically for breakfast, I like to stick to the same few staples (eggs & veggies, oatmeal, or oat bran).
Lately though I have been using my new favorite fat loss friendly breakfast that tastes like dessert for breakfast!
Baked Oatmeal topped with Icing!
- ▪ 2 cups rolled oats
- ▪ 1/3 cup agavae nectar
- ▪ 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- ▪ 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ▪ 2 cups almond milk
- ▪ 1 large egg
- ▪ 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ▪ 2 ripe bananas, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- ▪ 1 1/2 cups frozen berries
- Preheat the oven to 375°F with a rack in the top third of the oven.
- Generously coat the inside of an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, the baking powder, & cinnamon.
- In another bowl, whisk together agave, milk, egg, and the vanilla.
- Arrange the bananas in a single layer in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle two-thirds of the berries over the top.
- Cover the fruit with the oat mixture.
- Slowly drizzle the milk mixture over the oats.
- Gently give the baking dish a couple thwacks on the countertop to make sure the milk moves through the oats.
- Scatter the remaining berries across the top.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until the top is nicely golden and the oat mixture has set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- 2 TBSP Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ¼ Scoop Protein Powder
- Whisk together and pour over serving of oatmeal bake.
- I love PEScience Snickerdoodle powder for this recipe, but really any flavor you love will work!
Kristen, one of our AMAZING BeyondFit Trainers, shared this recipe with us today!
Facebook: Fitness With Kristen
Instagram: Fitness With Kristen
Pinterest: Fitness With Kristen
Youtube: Fitness With Kristen