I love this recipe for several reasons.
Number one: bacon. Number two: this is really fast and a crowd pleaser when you head to a party. It also makes enough for leftovers at home! I also love this because I know if I bring this to a potluck, I am guaranteeing myself at least one vegetable while there.
Add to that the fact that it is a raw vegetable, and I know I am getting tons of vitamins!
- 1 2lb bag of broccoli crowns
- 10 slices thick cut bacon, fried
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup bacon fat
- In serving bowl, crumble bacon over broccoli crowns.
- Add raisins and slivered almonds.
- Whisk together red wine vinegar and bacon fat.
- Pour over salad and serve immediately or store in fridge for later.
Kristen Durnan is a NASM Certified Personal Trainer, Women’s Fitness Specialist, and Fitness Nutrition Specialist. She has a 4.5 month old son who she incorporates into her workouts, and helps other women with babies reclaim their bodies by running a local Mommy & Me Boot Camp. She is also author of the ebook, Lean Body: The Four Month Workout Plan To Your Healthiest Body. She does in-person training in Ventura California, as well as online training. Find health and fitness tips, as well as her fit pregnancy and recovery on her website.
You can also find Kristen here: