By Suzanne York
If Eggnog is your favorite Christmas treat, you don’t have to miss out on enjoying it this year…
Make this fat-loss friendly version instead!
Eggnog Protein Pudding (3 servings)
• 2 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
• 1 egg, 1 egg white
• 1 T cornstarch
• 1 scoop vanilla-flavored protein powder (I used Vitacost ARO Black series Natural Vanilla)
• 2 packets stevia powder
• 1 pinch of sea salt
• 1 t pure vanilla extract
• 1/3 t freshly grated nutmeg, plus more to sprinkle on top
• 1/8 t cinnamon
1. Whisk together ½ C of almond milk with the eggs, cornstarch, protein powder, stevia and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
2. Pour the remaining 2 C of milk into a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook until bubbles form around the outside and the milk starts to steam.
3. Turn off the heat and very slowly whisk 1 cup of hot milk into the egg mixture, starting with just a couple drops at a time and gradually adding more until the whole cup is incorporated.
4. Pour this into the pot and bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
5. Once boiling, turn off heat and stir in the vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon.
6. Strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove any lumps, and then pour into small, individual sized serving bowls or cups.
7. Cool to room temperature, and then refrigerate to chill
8. Before serving, top with a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Nutritional Value: 93 cal, 4 g fat, 5 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein
Need some more quick & easy recipes?
We have tons of delicious, healthy and easy recipes at BeyondFit Life!
If you need ideas for healthy week night dinners, fat loss friendly snacks, quick and easy breakfasts, and more…you will love the recipe section of the portal!
And to make things even better: you can download all our member recipes INSTANTLY!