Today I am serving up dehydrated pumpkin chips, or what I like to call CHIPKINS!
It’s time to ditch those nasty cow-juice and additive-laced store bought chips, and MAKE YOUR OWN!
Dehydrating food is flipping PHENOMENAL and no need to worry about losing any of the beneficial health properties of the food (because I KNOW YOU WERE WORRIED!).
Apparently this cooking process retains almost 100% of the nutritional content of the food and it preserves the alkalinity of fresh produce and actually inhibits the growth of microforms such as bacteria!
Hey-oh! Who’s running out to Bed, Bath & Beyond to pick up a dehydrating gizmo now?
But hold it right there! You don’t have to shell out the big bucks for a crazy contraption… You can utilize what you already have… YOUR OVEN!
Pumpkin Chips + BONUS Pumpkin Donuts Recipe
- 1 Small Sugar Pumpkin
- Olive Oil or Coconut Oil for coating (you can use non-stick spray if you’d like)
- 2–3 Tbs Pumpkin Pie Spice, Cinnamon or any herbs or spices you’d like
- Pumpkin Seeds, optional
- Preheat your oven to 140 degrees while you chop your pumpkin into slices.
- Spread sliced pumpkin on baking sheet (lined with foil for quick clean up)
- Spray or massage with olive oil (or coconut oil)
- Sprinkle with seasonings of choice
- "Dehydrate” for roughly 6 hours.
- Shove an oven mitt or a kitchen towel in the oven door to prop it open to help the moisture evaporate.
- Every hour or so, check on your pumpkin and mix accordingly.
- After 6 hours… Let cool and then SHOVE IN YOUR FACE… Without guilt!
- ½ cup Protein Powder of choice
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- ¼ cup Ground Flaxseed + ½ cup Warm Water
- ½ cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 teaspoon Psyllium Husk
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons Stevia
- 1.5 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Mix warm water and ground flaxseed together and set aside.
- Place all other dry ingredients in bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients + flaxseed mixture in separate bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Spray doughnut pans with nonstick spray.
- Spoon batter into mini doughnut pans
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes, or until done
Ever since I was a young girl, I have always showered my “audience” with my comedic nature only to leave a lasting impression on them. My goal in life is to make people laugh, which is why I aspire to be showcased on television. Hosting television shows, acting both commercially and theatrically, I have always had an agenda to break into any or all of these careers.
After completing college and graduating with a BS in broadcast journalism, I ventured out to Los Angeles in order to fight for what I ultimately want to accomplish. I will never give up, regardless of what happens.