I am a busy stay at home mom and military wife of a currently deployed husband. I’ve got twin 4 year old girls who just started preschool and a 15 month old who loves her momma. Which means….she’s clingy!
I don’t know about you, but I don’t have a ton of time on my hands and especially on days they twins have school or I workout (which is every weekday between the two). I need something to fuel my body. In my household, we are also working on going gluten free since my twins have digestive issues and my husband and I have issues with dairy. We are a fun household!
My recipe for a breakfast quiche will fill you with protein, fiber, and healthy carbs to get your day started!
Feel free to add a few strawberries on the side for a sweet & salty meal.
Turkey Bacon & Veggie Quiche
- 6 whole eggs
- 12 T liquid egg whites
- 1 medium sweet potato thinly sliced
- 3 T unsweetened almond milk
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 t salt
- 1 t pepper
- 4 slices reduced sodium turkey bacon
- Veggies of choice - I used broccoli, red onion and shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a pie dish with non stick spray
- Layer sweet potato slices in circles, slightly overlapping for your crust
- Add veggies and turkey bacon
- Whisk your eggs, egg beaters, almond milk, garlic and then add your salt & pepper to taste
- Pour egg mixture over veggies
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until firm
- You could also top with some homemade salsa or some sliced avocado!
If you want more tasty recipes like this join us at BeyondFit Life! You’ll have instant access to hundreds of recipes, workouts, monthly schedules, group support, and much more!