Summer is here! That means BBQ season is back! If you’re looking for a fun way to get creative with your BBQ sauce, give these two low carb, high protein recipes a try!
Mini Turkey Meatloaves with BBQ Sauce
- 1 lb. Organic ground turkey
- 1/2 C. Onion, chopped
- 1/2 C. Cauliflower, riced
- 2 Cloves of garlic, grated
- 1/4 C. and 2 T. Quick oats
- 1/4 C. Ground flaxseed meal (or additional oats)
- 1 Large egg
- True Made Foods BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 t. Black pepper
- 1/4 t. Salt
- 1/4 t. Smoked paprika
- 1 t. No-salt Italian seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, onion, cauliflower, garlic, oats, flaxseed, egg, smoked paprika, no salt Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and 1 T True Made Foods BBQ Sauce. Mix with wooden spoon.
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray and divide the batter evenly among 10 muffin cups (about a heaping ¼ C. of the meatloaf mixture in each).
- Spread 1 t. True Made Foods BBQ Sauce on top of each meatloaf muffin.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350F then remove from the oven. Add another ½ t. True Made Foods BBQ Sauce on top of each meatloaf muffin and bake for another 5 minutes.
- The turkey meatloaf muffins will be slightly browned at the edges when done cooking with edges slightly removed from the tin.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool completely before freezing.
BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potato Skins with BBQ Sauce
- 1 lb. Organic chicken, thinly sliced cutlets
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 t. Smoked paprika
- 1/4 t. Garlic powder
- 1/4 C. and 2 T. True Made Foods BBQ Sauce
- 4 Whole sweet potatoes
- 1 C. Onion, sliced
- Cilantro for garnish
- Sprinkle chicken cutlets with salt and pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder and toss in 1/4 C True Made Foods BBQ sauce. Marinate for 10 minutes or overnight.
- While the cutlets are marinating, cook 4 sweet potatoes. Pierce them with a sharp fork & microwave for about 4 minutes, until just softened. Let cool to touch then cut in half lengthwise.
- Place sweet potatoes flesh-side down on a tin foil-lined baking sheet that is sprayed with olive oil. Bake at 400F for 15 minutes, until the skin begins to get crispy.
- 4. Remove from oven and scoop out the potato flesh into a small bowl (discard or use for another recipe). Sprinkle potato skins with salt & pepper and set aside.
- On another tin foil lined baking sheet coated with nonstick spray, spread out 1 C sliced onions and place marinated chicken cutlets on top. Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes (or until just cooked through).
- While your chicken is cooking, combine another 2 T True Made Foods BBQ Sauce with a pinch of cinnamon and garlic powder in a small bowl. When the chicken is cooked through and slightly cooled, shred it into the bowl and mix together.
- Divide the BBQ shredded chicken evenly amongst the potato skins and return to the oven for about 5-10 minutes, until crispy on top.
- Serve warm, garnished with cilantro.
Picky Eater Approved!
I can’t tell you enough how much we love these sauces for dipping and marinades.
Each sauce packs a cup of real vegetables into every bottle, drastically reducing the sugar and adding a nutritious punch.
Ketchup with Benefits: True Made Ketchup takes out the corn syrup and adds spinach, carrots and butternut squash instead. All the taste of regular ketchup, but half the sugar of leading brands. Your kids will never know the difference.
A Better BBQ Sauce: True Made BBQ Sauce is the only BBQ Sauce long on nutrition and short on ingredients. It’s vegetable based, made from tomatoes, spinach, carrots and butternut squash. Award winning flavor and half the sugar of leading brands, it’s safe to say: the BBQ is back!
Vegetables + Sriracha = Veracha: The only Paleo and vegetable based hot sauce!👌🏼
For picky kids or parents who just want a quick way to squeeze in some extra veggies, we give these two thumbs up!
Bonus: It’s super easy to order True Made Foods Sauces from Amazon!