So I’m doing a bit of planning ahead… my holiday trip is going to be a six to seven hour drive, and I am really not that interested in filling my stomach with the junk food that abounds on interstate-side stops.
Anyone else feel this way?
So here’s my game plan… I’m going to do some food prep today so that when my road trip begins early in the morning, I’ve got my snacks packed in my cooler and ready to go!
Here’s what I’m going to pack:
- 3 sliced apples (see below for a secret to stop them from turning brown so you can slice them ahead of time)
- 2 Think Thin Protein Bars
- 4 Hard-boiled Eggs (using the baking method to prep them)
- 1 container of chicken and vegetable stir fry for lunch, with some frozen blueberries for dessert
- Bag of Almonds
- 3 water bottles
I’ve got sweet, I’ve got salty, I’ve got crunchy, I’ve got hearty, and I’ve got thirsty cravings all covered!
[tweetherder]With a little planning ahead, fat loss can happen anywhere – even on the road![/tweetherder]
Quick & Easy Tip: How to Prevent Sliced Apples from Browning
- Fill a medium sized mixing bowl about halfway full of cool water
- Put 1t salt into water – stir to mix
- As you slice your apples, place them in the salted water to soak.
- Let soak for up to 10min
- Place sliced apples in a Ziploc
P.S. Tell us about your road trip this holiday season on twitter or instagram using the hashtag #beyondfit