By Kate Horney
If you’re like me and love a warm, gooey apple cobbler, you’re going to LOVE this healthy version!
We lowered the carbs and added some protein so this single serving healthy apple cobbler will satisfy your sweet tooth without wrecking your fitness goals.
Bonus: it can be made in less than 5 minutes, with only ONE dish to wash!
- 1½ C peeled and chopped apples
- ¼ t vanilla extract
- ¼ t McCormick apple pie spice
- 2 t “Just like sugar” brown sugar
- ¼ t cinnamon
- 2 T oat bran
- ½ scoop snickerdoodle protein powder
- 1½ t oat flour
- 1 t coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: chopped nuts
- Spray bowl with nonstick spray
- Place chopped apples into bowl
- Add vanilla extract, apple pie spice, 1 t “Just like sugar” brown sugar, and ⅛ t cinnamon
- Microwave for 2 minutes
- For the topping: in a small bowl, combine oats, oat flour, coconut oil, salt, remaining 1 t of brown sugar, protein powder, remaining ⅛ t cinnamon and optional chopped nuts
- Stir until well mixed.
- Put topping on apples
- Microwave until apples have softened, about 45 seconds
Another quick and easy single serving recipe to try:
Blueberry Lemon Mug Cake
For more healthy dessert recipes join the BeyondFit Life Club today!