For all of my fellow steak lovers, this recipe is a MUST make!
The homemade chimichurri is a perfect way to top off a delicious grilled steak, and it can be used for other meats as well! I love that it adds freshness to chicken or fish, and as a bonus for busy women, the sauce can be made a day in advance. Just store it in the fridge and use as needed.
Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 flank steak, about 3 lb
- 1-2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 C firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves (remove any large stems)
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 T fresh oregano leaves
- 3/4 C extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 t red pepper flakes (or more if you like things spicy like I do!)
- 3 T white wine vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Pat the flank steak dry and place in large baking dish.
- Brush both sides lightly with olive oil and season both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Let the steak come to room temperature for about 45 minutes before grilling.
- Place parsley, garlic and oregano in a food processor. Once herbs and garlic are finely chopped, pour in the olive oil, sea salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Serve at room temperature. Just before serving, stir in the vinegar.
- Grill the steak, without moving it, for 4 minutes. Turn it over and grill for 4 to 6 minutes more for medium-rare, or to your liking.
- Transfer the steak to a carving board, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. After the steak rests, cut diagonally across the grain into 1/4′′ inch thick slices. Arrange on a platter and top with spoonfuls of the chimichurri.
- IMPORTANT!! If you slice into the steak right off the grill, all of the juices will run out all over your cutting board – and the flavor right along with it. Put your knife down and let it REST!
For more delicious fat loss friendly recipes, join the BeyondFit Life Club today!