By Shannon Mayhew
If there’s one thing I’ve learned while working on my fitness journey, it’s that your kids pay attention to what you are doing.
I often think of workout time as “my time” and try to get my workout in before my children are awake in the morning. But there are some days where I have to make time in the middle of the day while my kids may be running around. I’m happy to say though, that typically my five year old wants to get involved with my workouts, whether it’s holding my timer or even asking me to teach her how to do the exercise I’m doing. And honestly, it just makes my heart happy, plain and simple.
I also have a younger child who can still hang out in the stroller. Sometimes ?! If you have a child that can stay in a stroller, you can still get them involved in your workout.
Here are some great exercises you can do with your little one!
• Walking lunges while pushing the stroller.
• While holding on to your stroller, sit back into a deep squat.
• Holding on to your stroller, do some leg lifts, both to the back and each side.
• With one hand on the stroller, reaching overhead with opposite arm, push stroller out for a side crunch.
• Take your little one for a walk.
• Sprints. Pushing a stroller will add a little more resistance, giving you an added challenge.
P.S. Healthy babies come from healthy moms!
Your baby is a REASON to make a healthy choices priority, not an excuse for why you can’t!
If you’re not sure where to start when it comes to a fit motherhood journey, join us over at the BeyondFit Life Club where I upload all of my personal workouts (100% safe during pregnancy) and share all the best fit mom recipes, tips & tricks!