By Kate Horney
This grilled peach summer salad simply can’t be beat. I love to serve this with chicken, which you can throw on the grill at the same time as the peaches!
It’s the perfect combination of saltiness and sweetness and is sure to be a family favorite.
- 4 generous handfuls of mixed baby greens, baby spinach, and/or arugula
- 2 large peaches, pitted and halved
- 8-10 thin slices of Prosciutto
- 1⁄4 C toasted slivered almonds
- 1/3 C crumbled goat cheese
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 t pure maple syrup
- sea salt & fresh black pepper
- Optional 2 t whole grain mustard
- Heat grill to medium-low. Place peach halves in a bowl and toss with 1 T olive oil.
- Place peaches on grill, cut side down; cover grill, and cook until charred and softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool and then cut into slices.
- Combine 2 T oil, vinegar, maple syrup, and optional mustard in a small food processor or jar with a secure lid. Blend or shake until well mixed. Season with sea salt and fresh black pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine mixed greens, grilled peach slices, prosciutto, almonds, and goat cheese.
- Drizzle with maple balsamic vinaigrette and toss with tongs to combine.
If you like the homemade salad dressing recipe above, check out more of our favorite healthy homemade salad dressings.
The problem with many traditional salad dressings is that although many look healthy on the outside when you you read the label, it’s a different story. Most store-bought dressings are loaded with extra sugar and processed ingredients that do nothing good for your health or your waistline.
Give these a try and let me know how you like them!
Ever wondered where all the top fitness tips, quick-glance food lists, fat-loss recipes and metabolism-boosting workouts are kept?
You’ve found them! They’re all here – at BeyondFit Life.