By Kate Horney
Who loves an easy lunch?! Me, me, me! As a busy mom, sometimes I need to get something on the table quickly but I don’t want to compromise eating healthily to do it.
This burrito bowl is a quick and easy lunch idea that you can throw together in a flash! Mix up BeyondFit’s Cilantro & Lime Shredded Chicken in the crock pot the night before, then use the leftover chicken for this tasty lunch!
Tex Mex Chicken & Quinoa Burrito Bowl
Write a review
- 1 C uncooked quinoa
- 1 C BeyondFit’s cilantro & lime shredded chicken
- 1/4 C water
- 1 T taco seasoning
- 1 sliced red pepper
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 C black beans (optional)
- 1/2 C salsa or chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 C corn (optional)
- 1/4 C sliced avocado (or BeyondFit’s homemade guac)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Add water to a skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add diced vegetables and taco seasoning and simmer for 5 minutes.
- During last minute, add chicken, black beans, and cooked quinoa.
- Add salsa and heat for another 1-2 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheese and a slice of avocado before serving.
Beyond Fit Mom http://beyondfitmom.com/
Want more HEALTHY Mexican inspired dishes? Check out these yummy & fat loss friendly recipes
For even more recipes, click here to join BeyondFit Life Club!