My name is Sarah and I am a 32-year-old fitness and nutrition enthusiast, who is obsessed with running (marathons) and yoga! I have worked in the fitness industry for the last 8 years.
I am currently working towards becoming a health coach through the Institute Of Integrative Nutrition.
I have a huge passion for healthy, ‘fit’ food!
Whether it be discovering new products, creating new recipes or revamping old ones, I love the challenge of coming up with new meals to energize my workouts and keep my body fit! Ingredients Of A Fit Chick is my little space to share these delicious treats!
Kate tried my squash (yes SQUASH) brownies and LOVED them-
So she asked me to put together a blog with three tips for staying fit AND a delicious recipe. So here goes…. (you’re in for a treat!)
- Move for at least 30 minutes a day! even if that is a casual walk outside to get some fresh air or a gentle yoga class
- Incorporate veggies into at least 5 of my 6 meals a day, even if it’s just nibbling on a few carrots and….
- Drink lots of water! It helps keep you energized, your skin clear and your tummy flat! 🙂
(now for the really good stuff!)
Delicious SQUASH Brownies
- 1 1/2c (300g) kabocha squash, cooked (flesh only)
- 1/4c (28g) coconut flour
- 3 tbs (15g) cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2c (115g) liquid egg whites (or 4 large egg whites)
- 2 tbs (28g) coconut oil
- 1 tbs pure vanilla extract
- sweetener of choice (2 tbs honey/agave or stevia, to taste)
- 2 tsp chocolate extract, optional
- 5×7 in baking pan
- parchment paper
- Pre heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper.
- Put your mashed kabocha, eggs, egg whites, coconut oil, vanilla and chocolate extract and sweetener in a blend.
- Blend well.
- Pour mixture into a bowl.
- Mix in your coconut flour and cocao powder.
- Pour batter into your pan.
- Bake for ~ 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
Yes, it is true…it can be done!
Brownies can be made out of Kabocha squash!
And not only can it be done, BUT it can be done so well that the boyfriend had no idea he was eating squash and requested a second batch! Even after finding out there was squash in them….he STILL wanted more!
You can’t taste the squash at all!
I know this is a bit strange, but trust me, you will love them! I hope you give them a try!