3 Healthy Chocolate Snacks for Kids
Both of the BeyondFit Kids love chocolate. (They get their sweet tooth from their mama!) And while I see nothing wrong with giving them the “real thing” occasionally, two hyped up preschoolers running on a sugar high is not something we want to deal with on a daily basis.
That’s why I love KidzShake! I especially love their Chocolate Cream flavor because I can make healthy chocolate snacks that make my kids really happy!
This post contains affiliate links because we think it’s fun to share our favorite things! BeyondFit Mom may be compensated when you click on one of these links. Thank you for supporting BeyondFit Mom.
KidzShake is the perfect way to give any child’s diet a boost without any added sugar. If you’re not familiar with the product, it’s a healthy kid MUST HAVE.
Here are some things you should know about KidzShake:
- It was developed by a doctor just for kids
- It’s a complete supplementation, containing organic protein, vitamins and minerals, probiotics, digestive enzymes, omega 3s and fiber
- You can use it as a meal replacement, on the go breakfast, or a healthy after school snack
- It has delicious flavor that kids love with no added sugar and no artificial sweeteners
- It has all natural ingredients that are gluten free, sugar free, nut free, lactose free and casein free
KidzShake is easy to prepare: just add water or milk to a mason jar or shaker bottle. You can also add fruit, nuts, grains or veggies and mix in a blender, or, if you’re like us and enjoy getting creative in the kitchen, you can use KidzShake in a fun recipe!
It’s perfect for picky eaters, athletic kids and any kid that needs a healthy boost to their diet. And if your kids love sweets, give these recipes a try.
3 Healthy Chocolate Snacks for Kids (and mamas too!)
No Bake Brownie Bars
- 12 large dates, pitted
- 1 C cashews
- 6 T KidzShake chocolate powder
- 2 T honey
- 6 T coconut butter
- ½ C chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender or food processor.
- Process until completely smooth and super greasy. This may take about 5 minutes.
- Press into 8×8 pan.
- Top with chopped nuts (optional) or chocolate chips, shredded coconut, or any other topping of your choice.
- Place in fridge until it hardens up and is no longer greasy. At least 2 hours.
- Store in fridge until ready to eat.
- 4 scoops of Chocolate Cream KidzShake
- ¾ C milk of choice (I used almond)
- ½ C crushed ice
- ¼ C hazelnuts
- 1 T unsweetened cacao or cocoa
- 1 T coconut oil
- Blend on high for 30-60 seconds
Lastly, here is one of my favorite recipes that is fantastic for lunch boxes and after school snacks.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
(Makes approximately 20 balls)
- 2 ½ C almonds
- ½ C peanut butter
- ½ C raw cacao or cocoa
- ½ C unsweetened, shredded coconut + extra to roll balls in
- 6 scoops Chocolate KidzShake
- 5 T coconut oil
- 1 T chia seeds
- Pulse almonds in a blender until finely chopped.
- In a bowl combine chopped almonds, cacao, coconut, KidzShake + chia seeds.
- Gently melt coconut oil + PB in saucepan and pour over dry ingredients.
- Use hands to combine.
- Roll into 1″ balls, then dust with cacao powder or roll in coconut.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before eating.
Kidz Shake: Premium Nutrition for Kids aged 2-18 years
- Kid Approved Taste
- Perfect for Breakfast or as a Snack
- Organic Protein
- 17 Essential Minerals + Vitamins
- Methylated B12
- 4 Billion Probiotics + Fiber to support Healthy Digestion
- Non GMO
- No Added Sugar
For more information on kids health, check out my Healthy Kids Challenge blog series!
Share your thoughts