On this blog we are all about trying to find healthier alternatives to some of our favorite foods….
I don’t know about you, but sometimes when I tell some of my friends about fat loss friendlier versions of not so healthy recipes I get some skeptical looks. I always encourage my friends and all of you to try them.
You may love some of them and adopt them as your new norm and some of them just might not measure up for your taste, and that’s ok!
I feel fortunate to have an adaptable palate and really enjoy trying healthier alternatives even if it does alter the tastes a little bit. That being said, this recipe is not one of those recipes where you cross your fingers and hope that the family doesn’t notice that you made healthy substitutions.
The first time I took a bite of Coach Kate’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie I couldn’t believe is was sugar free and fat loss friendlier…
I dare you to make this and serve it without telling people it’s healthy and see if they notice! 😉
Kate’s No Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie (Gluten Free too!)
- 2 cans white beans (drained and rinsed well)
- 1 ¼ cup oat flour (I grind my own old fashioned oats)
- 5 TBSP of Stevia
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 3 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 TBSP pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate bar/chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease two 8-in round pans with coconut oil.
- Combine all dry ingredients (except chocolate bar/chips) in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients. Put around 1/3 of the dry and 1/3 of the wet ingredients into a high-powered food processor and blend until super smooth.
- Scoop out into a bowl, and repeat the process twice more with the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate bar/chips, and pour into the pans.
- Bake 25-30 minutes (or 20 if you want it really gooey in the middle), then let cool at least 15 minutes before trying to remove it.
Some side notes:
- I’m thinking some great additions would be walnuts or PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
- I cut my cookie pies into pizza shaped slices and stored them in an airtight container in the freezer. This way I can warm up a slice in the microwave when I want some…..and it kept me from eating the entire pie all at once!
- In my opinion, warm and gooey is the way to go!!!!! 🙂
P.S. Ever wondered where all the top fitness tips, quick-glance food lists, fat-loss recipes and metabolism-boosting workouts are kept?
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love our EXCLUSIVE BeyondFit Life Club recipes- it’s the secret fat loss club that you’re going to want to be part of, with NEW members only recipes added monthly!