By Kate Horney
Tomorrow is Valentine’s day!
Whether you’re staying in or going out, let’s be honest, Valentine’s Day wouldn’t be complete without a sweet treat to top it all off.
(And bacon roses? I’m not going to lie… I don’t hate that idea) 😉
Seriously, though, what could be sweeter than a low carb, high protein dessert made in less than 10 minutes?
From cookie dough bites to warm apple cobbler, today I’ve got two healthy & delicious treats that will be the perfect way to celebrate a Healthy Valentine’s Day…
I recently had a chance to try a new protein bar on the market: Krave Natural Protein Bars.
I love that these bars are are freshly made each week and that they contain all natural ingredients, giving them an impeccable nutritional profile. No harmful preservatives, no syrups, and no added junk!
Each bar has 20 grams of protein, no more than 7g of non-fiber carbs, and they all are gluten free!
And of course, most importantly, they taste DELICIOUS!
Krave Creation: Peanut-Butter Cookie Dough Bites
- 1 Raw cookie dough Krave bar
- 1 TBS cocoa powder
- 1 square dark chocolate
- 1 tsp natural peanut butter
- Microwave chocolate chip cookie dough crave bar for 10 seconds and roll out onto a cutting board that is sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Cut the krave bar into four separate sections and place 1/4 tsp of natural peanut butter into the middle of each section.
- Roll the krave bars sections into balls around the peanut butter.
- Melt a square of dark chocolate in a small bowl and roll the balls into the chocolate until lightly coated.
- Pour 1 TBS cocoa powder into a small bowl and drop the chocolate balls to lightly coat.
Krave Creation: Mini Almond Butter Apple Cobbler
- 1 apple pie crave bar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon oatmeal
- Cinnamon & Stevia to taste
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 apple
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Microwave krave bar for 10 seconds and break into 4 pieces.
- Roll each into a ball and flatten between palms, then roll out (with bottle or rolling pin) into 4 FLAT circles.
- Shape into a bowl shape and pinch the edges to make a small cup.
- Spritz with cooking spray and bake for 3-4 minutes (to help hold shape, spray a muffin tin and place crust inside).
- Let “crust” cool completely, then split geek yogurt evenly among the 4 shells.
- Top with sliced apples, cinnamon & stevia, and oatmeal!.
P.S. Want more healthy dessert ideas?
We’re celebrating the entire month of February by sharing our best quick & easy fat loss friendly (and still incredibly delicious) recipes for sweets & treats!!
What you’ll find in The BeyondFit Mom Dessert Cookbook:
Don’t miss this incredible offer… Get your dessert cookbook today!!
- 15 FAT TORCHING TREATS, all designed with fat burning (not storing) ingredients. These recipes are all quick and easy to prepare, are ultra tasty, and will boost your metabolism for a fat burning diet.
- EVERYTHING ABOUT FAT BURNING DESSERT INGREDIENTS: everything that a person looking to lose body fat should know about food and nutrition. You will get access to our exclusive list of metabolic thermo-charged top fat burning foods!
- OUR PROTEIN POWDER COOKING AND NUTRITION RULES: learn our non-negotiable and essential principles when it
- COMPLETE ACCESS TO MY PRIVATE LISTS OF RESOURCES: you will be provided with my own personal dessert grocery shopping list, AND where to get the best kitchen supplies and quality ingredients.
- AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!