By Kate Horney
Looking for a healthy breakfast idea and recipe? Try our Low Fat Oatmeal + Cottage Cheese Protein Pancakes!
If you’re reading this, it appears that the name of this fat loss friendly recipe didn’t scare you off… I’m glad! Although cottage cheese isn’t something you’d generally (aka ever) find in a traditional pancake, I love this lower carb, higher protein version of a Saturday morning breakfast favorite.
Here’s a quick & easy recipe for you…
BeyondFit’s low fat oatmeal protein pancakes with cottage cheese!
- 1 small container (1/2 cup) Egg Beaters
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup dry oat bran or oatmeal (not instant, but the quick-cook kind)
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- 1 packet sweetener (I used Truvia or Stevia)
- sprinkling of cinnamon
- nonstick cooking spray
- Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray and place on medium heat to preheat pan. Meanwhile, combine the Egg Beaters and cottage cheese in a mixing bowl, stirring with a fork or whisk until well-blended. I’ve also found that a magic bullet works well for quick mixing and easy clean up.
- Add oatmeal, sweetener, baking powder and cinnamon and mix vigorously for about a minute.
- Check pan’s temperature by dropping a tiny amount of water on it. If the water bubbles/sizzles immediately, the pan is ready. Using a large spoon or small ladle, spoon a small amount of the batter into the pan, gently spreading it to a pancake shape if it’s too thick to do this on its own.
- Cook on one side until bubbles begin to appear and burst on the top of the batter. Using a spatula, carefully flip over and cook for roughly the same amount of time (given a choice, it’s better to overcook than undercook the pancake). Transfer the cooked pancake to a plate, and repeat until all the batter is used up.
Serve the low fat oatmeal protein pancakes with cottage cheese while warm with sugar free maple syrup and optional berries of your choice. I opted for strawberries this morning & they were delicious…
P.S. If you liked our low fat Oatmeal + Cottage Cheese Protein Pancakes and want more, check out www.beyondfitlife.com for instant access to exclusive members recipes!
And if haven’t joined the BeyondFit mailing list, make sure you sign up for your FREE 3 day fat loss meal plan & get on the list to receive other email updates as well… just enter your email in header above this post!
And as always, if you liked this post, please feel free to share it with anyone who may benefit!