Hey there pizza lovers! Yesterday we celebrated the countdown to Bikini Boot Camp with some CHOCOLATE. Today, we’re celebrating with some protein packed PIZZA!
If I had to pick only one food to eat for the rest of my life it would be pizza! Unfortunately pizza is not usually fat loss friendly. :/ Coach Kate introduced me to this healthier way to make pizza a couple years ago and it does the trick every time I need my pizza fix!
First let’s start with the “crust.” Flat out wraps are amazingly good! Each wrap has 9g of protein, 0g of sugar, and the hormonal carbohydrates (subtracting total grams protein and fiber from total carb) is -2!
Next let’s talk toppings! This is where you can get creative! You can load it with chicken, ground turkey, your favorite veggies, sauce (I use no salt added), and cheese. Are you drooling yet?
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your wrap on a baking sheet or pizza pan. I like to stick the wrap in the oven for 2-3 minutes to harden it a little.
- Remove the baking sheet and add your toppings to the wrap.
- Bake in oven for 5-8 minutes. Be sure to watch closely so you don’t burn the wrap. It tends to cook rather quickly in some ovens.
- Let cool and cut into slices.
Here is the most recent pizza I made. I used sliced tomatoes tossed in olive oil, garlic, bell peppers, chicken, and shredded monteray/pepperjack cheese.
YUM!!! Share your favorite pizza toppings with us HERE!