By Suzanne York
With Christmas only a few days away… make sure your holiday menu is full of healthy dishes!
This easy recipe is a great way to add in an extra veggie that everyone will love!
Brussel Sprouts with Cranberries and Bacon
• 3 strips regular bacon
• 25 fresh, raw brussel sprouts-not frozen
• 1/4c dried cranberries (low sugar)
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon pepper
• drizzle of balsamic vinegar
1. Rinse the brussel sprouts and then slice off the root of every sprout
2. Thinly slice the brussel sprouts
3. Dice the bacon into small pieces then sauté in a saucepan until crisp
4. Drain half of the bacon drippings
5. Drop in the sliced brussel sprouts and continue to sauté (7-8 min or until desired tenderness)
6. Add the cranberries and continue to sautee for 2 minutes
7. Add salt and pepper
8. Right before you serve, drizzle the top with some balsamic vinegar (only a drizzle)
Makes 4 servings
Serving size: ½ cup
Nutritional Value: Cal 105, fat 3g , carb 17g, fiber 5g, protein 6g
P.S. Want more healthy (and easy recipes?)
Don’t miss our Healthy Recipes eBook!
I love to ask women what their biggest at loss struggles are. Not surprisingly, the #1 and #2 most received responses for what is challenging for women when it comes to fat loss is “No time” and “Diet food tastes bland.”
Get a jump start on your healthy eating with this fun (and healthy) recipe book! There are tons of healthy recipe books out there, so you’re sure to find something to please everyone at your table.
If you’re not sure where to start with fat loss cooking or just want to try some great new recipes, I recently took some of our favorite quick & easy recipes and put them in an ebook for my clients, and we wanted the opportunity to offer our ENTIRE BeyondFit family the ebook as well, so check out this awesome sale on our 15 Favorite Recipes EBook!