By Suzanne York
Do you have extra time to spend in the kitchen this weekend but don’t know what to cook?
Try this tasty meal of shrimp and fat loss friendly zucchini noodles!
• 2 T butter
• 6 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 C green onions, chopped
• 2/3 C fresh parsley, chopped
• 1 large can whole peeled tomatoes
• 1 t dried basil
• 1 t dried oregano
• ½ C dry white wine
• 1 lb fresh large shrimp, peeled and cleaned
• 3 oz crumbled feta cheese
• 5 zucchinis, spiraled
1. In a large saucepan, melt 1 T butter. Sauté 3 cloves garlic and onions until tender, add parsley.
2. Add tomatoes (crush them with your hands) with juice and herbs.
3. Gently simmer until liquid reduces (15 min) and stir in wine.
4. Peel zucchini while sauce is cooking. After using a zucchini spiraling device, salt the zucchini noodles and leave them in a colander to drain for 15 min.
5. After the noodles rest ,take a paper towel and squeeze excess moisture from the zucchini noodles.
6. Fill a medium sized saucepan 1/2 full of water and bring to a boil. Add the zucchini and boil for 2 min then drain.
7. Plate the noodles evenly between 4 plates, divide the sauce, divide the shrimp and put an extra sprinkle of feta cheese to top of the dish. Enjoy!
Nutritional Value: 335 cal, 21g carbs, 6g fiber, 32 g protein
Need more quick & easy dinner ideas?
We have tons of delicious, healthy and easy recipes at BeyondFit Life!
If you need ideas for healthy week night dinners, fat loss friendly snacks, quick and easy breakfasts, and more…you will love the recipe section of the portal!
And to make things even better, you can download all our member recipes INSTANTLY!