For our fourth recipe of our Summer Sizzle Series… Guest blogger Natalie is sharing her favorite protein bar recipe!
No Bake Protein Bars
· 1.5 cups gluten-free rolled oats, blended into a flour
· 1/2 cup vegan protein powder (I use Sunwarrior Warrior Blend Natural)
· 1/2 cup rice crisp cereal
· 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, to taste
· 1/2 cup almond butter or sunflower seed butter
· 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
· 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
· 3 tablespoons mini dark chocolate chips
· 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Line an 8-inch square pan with a piece of parchment paper. Mix the oat flour, protein powder, rice crisp, and salt together in a large bowl.
2. Add in the nut/seed butter, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir well to combine. If the mixture is a bit dry, add a splashof non-dairy milk and mix again.
3. Press into pan and put into the freezer.
4. Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a small bowl in the microwave.
5. After freezing the bars for about 5-10 minutes, remove from freezer and slice into bars. Drizzle with melted chocolate and freeze again until set. Store in the freezer for a week or longer in an air-tight freezer bag or container.
I have my doctorate in physical therapy and have expertise in orthopedics, manual therapy, sports rehab, and women’s health (including incontinence, prenatal and postnatal pelvic instability, and lymphedema). I also have certifications in personal training and Metabolic Effect nutrition levels 1, 2, and 3 and am a Metabolic Effect Fat Loss Coach.
I work part-time as a physical therapist and also have a budding business, Nurturing Fitness, through which I develop personalized nutrition and exercise programs for busy moms. My passion is helping moms reach their maximum potential in the realm of physical, emotional, and mental fitness. I have learned over the years how to balance 4 kids, homeschooling them during the week, working weekends, and taking care of myself with proper exercise and diet.