Well I had a very eventful last week… I got engaged! 🙂 🙂 🙂
He is a fantastic guy and I am so excited about this new adventure that we are about to embark upon… Both in wedding planning (don’t judge me, but I have already picked my top three for ceremony & reception locations AND started drooling over wedding dresses) and in marriage.
And I am excited to share this with you all – I’m sure many of my future posts will be in some way wedding-related (I see lots of ‘how to lower your stress’ posts coming ahead).
Of course, with a wedding in the near future (we’re thinking about a year and a half from now), I really want to tighten up both my nutrition and my physique so that I can be the best me as I start my life with Daniel.
Then again… Who doesn’t want to be the best version of themselves on ANY day?!
Today I’ll share with YOU one of my all time favorite salads…
It’s quick, easy, flavorful, and guilt free…
All of which are some of my favorite things 😉 This recipe will prepare enough one BAS (Big A** Salad) or three small salads…
Tasty Basil Chicken Salad
- 1 Chicken Breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium apple, cut into bite sized pieces
- ¼ of a small onion, cut into medium sized slices
- 2 Pan Turns of Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder & basil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, take two “turns” around the pan with your olive oil. Turn to medium heat and allow oil to mildly warm
- Add in raw chicken, garlic, basil, salt & pepper and cook until done
- Before the chicken begins to get golden brown, add in onions & apples and allow the mixture to cook until chicken is golden brown, onions are cooked to your liking, & apples are slightly soft.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Serve over a bed of spinach with a couple of cherry tomatoes & a touch of feta cheese on top.
My favorite part about this recipe? The oil & spices create the salad dressing!! So no additional salad dressing is required!
P.S> Although I’m sure many peaks and valleys are coming in this journey toward the better me (and your journey toward the better you), it’s never too soon to start. As we face this struggle together, there are two things that I want to remind you:
- It’s like our friend Jill Coleman said one day on Twitter… “One meal, one day, even one week will not make or break your physique. You ALWAYS have another shot to do better.”
- It’s also like Dwayne Johnson said one day on Twitter… “Embrace struggle. It is your greatest teacher.” – Russell Simmons
BONUS: 3 FREE FRESH & FABULOUS SALAD RECIPES
Stay healthy this season with plenty of fresh produce & protein!
We want to send you 3 of our FAVORITE “out of the box” salad recipes including:
- Grilled Shrimp Salad with Pina Colada Vinaigrette Dressing
- Lemon Berry Salad with Sugared Pecans
- Fat Loss Friendly Crab Cake Salad