Spring is in full swing. With plenty of fresh produce and yummy fruits and veggies, spring often means less comfort foods and more healthy salad recipes.
But salads can often have more calories than you think!
But they don’t have to contain more calories than you need–especially when you make your own salad dressing like the one below! Enjoy these recipes along with the spring weather soon!
5 Healthy Salad Recipes
Pasta-Free “Pasta” Salad
- 1 29oz Can chopped tomatoes with oregano and basil
- 2 Large cucumbers, quartered and sliced
- 3 Green onions, chopped
- 1/3 C. Mushrooms
- 1 C. Crumbled feta cheese
- 1 C. Halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 C. Sliced black olives
- 1/4 C. Diced red onion
- 1/3 C. Olive oil
- 1/3 C. Lemon juice
- 1/2 t. Oregano
- 1/2 t. Basil
- 1/2 t. Black pepper
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, garlic and spices. Set aside.
- Toss vegetables together in a large bowl.
- Stir in oil mixture thoroughly.
- Top with feta.
- Chill for at least one hour to blend flavors before serving.
BeyondFit’s Tasty Basil Chicken Salad
- 1 Chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Medium apple, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 Small onion, cut into medium slices
- 2 t. Olive oil
- 1 t. Garlic powder
- 1 t. Basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using medium heat, allow oil to mildly warm.
- Add raw chicken and spices. Cook until done.
- Before the chicken begins to get golden brown, adding onions and apples and all the mixture to continue cooking until chicken is golden brown, onions are cooked to your liking and apples are slightly soft.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Serve over a bed of spinach with cherry tomatoes and a touch of feta.
Healthy Homemade Salad Dressing
- 1/4 C. Olive oil
- 1/4 C. Low sodium chicken stock
- 3 T. Lemon juice
- 2 T. Fresh basil or 1 t. dried basil
- 1 t. Dried oregano
- 2 t. Minced jalapeno peppers
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 t. Salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and enjoy over your favorite salad.
- Store extra in an airtight container.
From BeyondFit Life member Shari!
Here’s my mixing bowl salad – mixed greens, chicken and little bits of apple, tomato, carrot, sweet potato, bell pepper, watermelon, and honeydew.
From BeyondFit Life member Katy!
Romaine lettuce, turkey lunch meat, strawberries, toasted pecans, a sprinkle of feta and balsamic vinegar. Yum!!
Need some more healthy salad recipes and ideas to spice up your salads?
Looking for more healthy recipes?
And don’t forget, we have tons of delicious, healthy recipes at BeyondFit Life!
If you need ideas for healthy week night dinners, fat loss friendly snacks, quick and easy breakfasts, and more…you will love the recipe section of the portal!
And to make things even better, you can download all our member recipes INSTANTLY!