By Kate Horney
You already know I LOVE healthy dessert recipes…. but does anyone else LOVE chocolate + peanut-butter recipes as much as I do?!
I made this healthy dessert recipe last week and it was such a hit we’re making it again today. Ideally (if you don’t eat the whole pan before baking) this should make 12 squares…
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup old fashion oats
- 1/3 cup plain non-fat greek yogurt
- 1.5 cups unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup FitMiss Vanilla Chai protein powder
- 1/2 cup Natural Peanut-Butter
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2.5 oz. of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss all of your ingredients (EXCEPT chocolate chips) into a blender and blend mixture until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Spray a 8×8 cake pan with coconut oil or non-stick cooking oil.
- Pour in mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick poked in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Cut into 12 squares. ENJOY!
For this meal, take advantage of your improved insulin sensitivity, and eat the majority of the day’s allotment of carbohydrates in order to replenish muscle glycogen stores. Make it a goal this week to try to get 1/4th of your lean body weight in grams of protein after your workout.
(Not sure where to start? Try my favorite PWO “Brownie Batter” Shake! with these chocolate chip peanut-butter protein squares crumbled on top!
P.P.S. Share this with a #fitmom who would like healthy dessert recipes like this one by clicking the share buttons below!