There’s no “one size fits all” method for flattening your stomach.
But that doesn’t mean there’s no hope! I work daily with moms who are amazed at how much progress they can make on beating belly fat and getting flat abs fast.
How do they do it? Once you figure out your tummy trouble type, you can develop a plan to beat the belly fat and flatten your stomach once and for all, and usually, that plan begins with a shift in nutrition.
When it comes to flattening your stomach, nutrition is key!
As the saying goes, “Abs are made in the kitchen.”
Understanding the basics of fat loss nutrition is the most important part of your lifestyle. What you put in your body affects your mood, energy, tummy and lifespan! Working out and staying active is super important too, but you have to be eating the right fat-loss friendly meals to get the results you want. This means tons of veggies, fresh fruits, lean protein and healthy fats! Say no to processed foods and stick to whole, real nutritious foods as much as you can!
Here are some guidelines to get you started.
5 Flat Stomach Nutrition Rules:
- Protein: Women need protein! Don’t worry, it will not bulk you up. Protein helps speed up your metabolism and balances your blood sugar levels, preventing insulin spikes which can cause weight gain around the middle. Protein is made up of amino acids that your body needs, and it is the key to burning belly fat and increasing your metabolism.
- Post Workout: Refuel your body and build lean muscle by consuming 1 whey protein shake per day–preferably within 30-60 minutes after your workouts. With the same low sugar content and less sodium than egg white powder, whey proteins are naturally high in BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids) that are easy to digest. It immediately supplies the muscles with high quality protein, which directly correlates to an increase in physical performance and enhanced body composition – thus, less belly fat!
- Water: Drink Up! It is so important to stay properly hydrated. Water helps speed up your metabolism, keeps you from feeling hungry between meals and even helps your body burn fat. As a bonus, staying hydrated contributes to glowing, beautiful skin and helps you shed water weight that you may be holding around your middle! Make it a goal to drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water DAILY.
- Other Drinks: You may also enjoy unsweetened tea, black coffee, and the guilt free hot cocoa drink. For a truly tight tummy, stay away from soda (diet included) juice, milk, sweetened beverages, energy drinks, or alcohol.
- Flavor: Get creative with your meals by using herbs and salt-free spices like Mrs. Dash. You may also enjoy low-sodium salsa, balsamic vinegar and mustard as desired. Try to limit cheese and other condiments that contribute to belly bloat.
Pair these nutrition tips with your BeyondFit Total Body Fat Burning Workouts and you should see real results in no time. Stay consistent and remember it’s what you do most of the time that matters most!