By Kate Horney
What’s the best cardio, ab and total body workout for busy moms?
Sprint workouts for moms are the best fat burning workout, hands down.
I started doing sprints with my stroller when Jackson was just a few weeks old (see video below if you want need a cute baby fix) and have used this style of training to get in shape not only postpartum, but also for my bikini competition as an advance fat loss technique.
If you’re a mom who wants to develop strong and flat, toned abs…
Sprints are one of the most effective exercises you can do! And as a bonus, they literally teach your body how to be an effective fat burner through the hormonal changes they produce.
Honest mom moment: I love any workout that will help boost my metabolism and shed the muffin top belly- and I’ve worked with thousands of busy moms like me who get flat tummy results right at home (or at our Bikini Boot Camp workouts) using this style of sprint training. If you want the best fat burning exercises, try a sprint workout for moms!
Here are 5 Reasons Why I Love Sprint Workouts for Moms:
- MORE FAT BURNING. Unlike steady state aerobics (1+ hours on the treadmill? What busy mom has time for THAT?!), sprint training produces a metabolic ripple that leads to enhanced fat burning for days after the workout is over. (hello, exercise efficiency!)
- SHORTER WORKOUTS. You can begin to burn fat with as little as ONE MINUTE of intense exercise (aka sprints). Forty-five minute elliptical sessions are a thing of the past! You’ll burn as many (or more) calories, while digging into your fat stores with shorter cardio sessions when you add in sprints. Your time is valuable, moms! Ditch those long, boring cardio sessions and get yourworkout done in 10-15 minutes.
- BETTER BONES. Sprinting increases the amount of impact training involved in a workout . The high level of impact involved in sprinting increases bone strength and density. Impact exercises also aid the building of new muscle tissue around the bones and throughout the rest of the body.
- MORE FUN. Long runs are boooooring. Sprints are FUN! Try adding sprintsto your workout one day this week by sprinting for a specified distance (one block, between two light posts, or for a length of time), walking for aprox. 1 minute to recover, and then… Repeat! 🙂
- EASIER TRAINING. Speaking of long runs, if a marathon, half marathon, or even 5k, is your goal, you definitely need to incorporate sprint workouts into your training routine! Sprinting naturally increases the body’s endurance strength, making longer cardio sessions easier to complete. Through sprint workouts, you teach your body to increase its ability to store oxygen, which helps the muscles function in all forms of exercise, especially endurance events like races, etc. (I’ve coached a number of women who have trained for MARATHONS using my sprint workouts + just ONE long run per week! How awesome is THAT!?)
Bonus: riding in the stroller during mommy’s sprint workout puts Jackson to sleep! 😉
Not sure where to start? Here’s a FREE SPRINT + CORE WORKOUT that’s great for Saturday morning fat burning! 🙂
Need more quick & easy at home workouts? Check out my complete postpartum fat loss system (12 weeks of the workouts + nutrition plan I used to lose the baby weight) here!
Designed specifically for busy moms in mind, these quick & easy, signature Beyond Baby fat burning workout sessions will build lean muscle mass, increase your metabolism and burn calories like never before. These total body workouts are downloadable, can be done from home- no gym required, and come with 12 bonus video exercise demos!