By Kate Horney
Happy 1st day of spring! 🙂
To celebrate, we’re giving you a delicious recipe that’s simple and refreshing! This no sugar added sorbet will be a hit with your entire family this season!
While most kids (and moms alike) love the taste of traditional sorbet (hello, Fred Flinstone “Push Pops”… do they still make those?) the problem with traditional sorbets is that even though they may be marketed as fat-free, they’re still far from healthy.
Most traditional sorbets- even ones made with “real fruit” will generate a rapid rise in blood glucose. To adjust for this rapid rise, your pancreas secretes insulin into the bloodstream…
Signaling your body to store any excess sugars as fat!
To keep fat storing at bay, I love this recipe that I got from my friend Heather Perez. The same great taste of traditional sorbet, but with double the protein (great for fat burning & muscle building) and without the added fat storing sugar!
Ingredients for Blackberry Lime Sorbet:
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blackberries (frozen works best for this recipe)
- 3/4 cup of 0% fat plain greek yogurt (I’m a fan of Fage; just make sure it is thick)
- fresh lime juice (about 1/2 of a small lime)
- stevia to taste
Prepare Blackberry Lime Sorbet:
- Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse until just blended. Do not over-blend.
- Enjoy immediately or freeze in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. Garnish with a few blackberries or spiraled lime if desired.
- This recipe works best with blackberries or raspberries. You will not get the same result with other berries.
- Feel free to play around with the measurements to get desired thickness.
PIN THIS RECIPE so save for future easy access!
For more on Insulin and how it impacts your health & fat loss, check out these resources:
Want more healthy dessert ideas?
I’m sharing my best quick & easy fat loss friendly (and still incredibly delicious) recipes for sweets & treats!! Don’t miss this incredible offer… Get your dessert cookbook today!!