By Kate Horney
Tomorrow, Patrick and I celebrate our anniversary. 🙂
I have the entire day planned out, with a scavenger hunt and clues leading to all of our favorite dates… but of everything that’s part of the anniversary to do list…
I’m most excited about breakfast in bed!!
It MAY be relaxed, or it may (most likely will) be with a screaming toddler… but either way… I’m excited because I’m making Almond Joy Protein Pancakes!
Check out the recipe from my friend Wendy Moore below… tis the season to make YOUR saturday morning extra festive! Serve these special pancakes that your whole family will love!
(Bonus: this breakfast treat is low carb, and high protein!)
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut almond milk
- 2 -3 drops of Vanilla Stevia or you can use stevia packets
- 4 TBS Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. psyllium husk (Feel free to omit this ingredient; however it keeps the pancakes thick and fluffy!)
- Non-stick spray or coconut oil for coating your fry pan
Ingredients (Topping- Coconut Fluff)
- 2 -3 tsp. Coconut Flour
- 1 tbs + coconut almond milk
- 2-3 TBS of Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 5-6 Dark Cocoa Almonds or any type of almond
- First, combine wet ingredients in a bowl. This includes the egg, egg whites, almond extract and unsweetened coconut almond milk. I like to whip it around real good to make it frothy and light. Mix all of your dry ingredients, which include your coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, psyllium husk and stevia. Combine the wet and dry and mix until well combined. If your batter looks to thick, just add another TBS or two of the almond milk until you get your desired consistency. I use a large pancake griddle when making mine. You could also use a non-stick frying pan and coat it with some coconut oil and set the stove to low-medium heat. Allow your pan to heat up nice and hot. For uniform size pancakes, I use my 1/4c to make smaller pancakes. Pour your batter into the pan and use a spoon to spread it out into a circle. Once the pancakes bubble, flip and allow to cook on the opposite side.
- While pancakes are cooking, prepare your coconut fluff. In a small bowl combine 2-3tsp of coconut flour and blend in some unsweetened coconut almond milk until you reach a fluff like consistency.
- Plate your pancakes. Top your pancake with the coconut fluff. Sprinkle your coconut flakes and scatter a few of the almonds on top. Enjoy!!!
P.S. What’s your favorite flavor from our Fit Friday Holiday Pancake Series so far?!
Let us know by posting a pic of YOUR #healthyholiday pancake breakfast on Instagram! Hashtag #beyondfitlife @irondiva71 @beyondfit to connect with us! oxo!
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe so you can find it early, and click below to share the love with your friends! 🙂