Truth: Sometimes veggies can get boring….
Especially when you eat them the same way all of the time.
Can you relate? I recently decided break out of a veggie rut and to flavor my asparagus by adding one of my favorite food accessories…
Yep, it’s true, my favorite foods are peanut butter and bacon. Not together, although I would be open to try that haha.
I went with the bacon this time with a very simple recipe that is just enough to add a ton of flavor to your side of veggies. It goes great with chicken or fish or even as a side dish for a party you may be attending for the new year.
Easy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- 1 lb of asparagus, stalk ends trimmed off
- 10 slices of low sodium bacon, cut in half
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degree F. Wrap a half-slice of bacon tightly around each piece of asparagus and place on a baking sheet covered in aluminum foil.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar and olive oil over the asparagus and sprinkle with some black pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip each asparagus over and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
- Remove from oven and serve with your favorite lean protein.
Need some more VEGGIE ideas?
We have tons of delicious, healthy and easy recipes at BeyondFit Life!
If you need ideas for healthy week night dinners, fat loss friendly snacks, quick and easy breakfasts, and more…you will love the recipe section of the portal!
And to make things even better: you can download all our member recipes IMMEDIATELY so you can start planning your healthy RIGHT AWAY!