Bcaa Benefits + BCAA Gummies
By Kate Horney
I personally don’t use many, but one supplement I’ve come to love are BCAAs. For a busy woman, BCAA supplements do wonders to help fight both hunger AND cravings… all while promoting fat loss.
Check out some benefits…
—BCAAs lower cortisol. Cortisol is a stress hormone that we as busy moms are all too familiar with. The main functions of cortisol are to increase blood sugar, suppress the immune system, and aid in protein, fat and carbohydrate metabolism. When cortisol is released with low levels of HGH (often occurring when we don’t get enough sleep) and/or high levels of insulin, it causes muscle burning and fat storing. BCAAs lower cortisol and thus have an incredible ability to suppress stress induced cravings and blunt hunger.
—BCAAs balance brain chemistry. BCAAs are precursors to our brain’s stimulating chemical glutamate, as well as our brain’s number one relaxing chemical (GABA). What busy mom doesn’t need some extra help relaxing? By balancing these stimulating and relaxing responses in the brain at a chemical level, we can stop cravings before they even start.
—BCAAs control hunger. In addition to balancing blood sugar, the BCAA leucine activates hunger controlling molecules (mTOR and AMPK) in the brain.
When lowering your carb intake, BCAAs will become a busy mom’s best friend by not only by lowering your stress hormones, but by controlling hunger and cravings and giving you the energy you need to keep up with your daily life!
• 1 scoop BCAA of choice (I used FitMiss Blue Raspberry BCAAs)
• 3 Knox gelatin packs
• 1/2 cup warm water
1. Pour water, BCAA of choice (1 scoop) and gelatin packs in sauce pan.
2. Heat on a low/medium setting for around 5 minutes until gelatin dissolves and product starts to thicken.
3. Place on a heating pad for a few minutes until final product starts to gel, and then place in molds.
4. Freeze for 15-20 minutes.
5. Pop out final products. Enjoy!