The holidays are (finally) past, and a new year is upon us. Hard to believe that 2013 is already here!! With the ringing in of a new calendar year comes the season of reflection for New Years Resolutions, and one of the top resolutions is always “I want to lose __ pounds.”
Well, my goals are a little bit different…
- I will continue to live the fat loss lifestyle- including eating habits & regular weight training based workouts with leisure walks on off days.
- I will decrease my percent body fat- in the process, I will not worry about what the scale reads (might even throw it out)… Because weight loss does not equate fat loss.
My goals being revealed to you, I began searching for new options for breakfast. Breakfast is the hardest meal of the day for me – I’m not much of an oatmeal girl (something about the texture), and I rarely have time to make eggs (plus the texture of the make-ahead egg muffins irks me). Can you tell I’m a picky eater? And then I stumbled upon what I am considering gold…
Coach Blair’s BeyondFit Breakfast Cookies
- 1.5 C uncooked oatmeal (quick cooking or regular)
- 2 ripe and mashed bananas
- 1 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 C raisins (to taste)
- ¼ C chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (more/less to taste)
- Combine the applesauce, vanilla, and cinnamon first
- Add all other ingredients
- Let sit for 10 minutes
- Spoon onto cookie sheet (either use non-stick spray or use parchment paper)
- Bake 30 mins at 350 degrees until golden brown and done
- Let sit on cookie sheet for 5mins before removing to cooling racks
- Let cool completely before storing in air-tight container
They’ve got enough natural sweetness yet it’s not overwhelming, they’ve got the crunch of the nuts, the surprise of the raisins, and they’ve been working as a fabulous grab and go breakfast option! AND they sneak in the oatmeal that I should be eating!
I also use them as an afternoon snack with some natural peanut butter on the side.
This is definitely a good way to start my 2013 – with a good recipe that makes my life a little bit easier! 🙂
What are some of your favorite fast and on the go fat-loss friendly breakfast options?
Share on twitter or instagram with the hashtag #beyondfit