Fat Loss Friendly Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs are one of my favorite foods – Grandma turned me onto them when I was just a wee one. But as I’ve grown up, I’ve found new and “improved” (read: healthier) ways to make one of my favorite finger foods to take to picnics, pot-lucks, or any sort of party (football games included!)
As football season comes into full swing with its tailgates and rivalries, this seems like an appropriate time of year to share a finger-licking snack that you’ll love to share. 🙂
- 2 t Dijon Mustard
- 6 t Plain Greek Yogurt
- Relish (to taste)
- Paprika (to taste)
- 1 t chili (to make your eggs unique, if you so choose)
- 6 hardboiled eggs
To “hard boil” eggs faster
- Place your eggs in a muffin tin
- Place muffin tin with eggs in a pre-heated oven set at 350 degrees
- Bake for 30mins
- Take eggs out of oven, and use tongs to drop the eggs into ice water to stop the cooking process
- Peel your eggs (please note, there will be “brown spots” on the shells, this is totally normal)
Directions for Deviled Eggs:
- Slice your hardboiled and peeled eggs. As you can see, I was a little harsh with a couple of the eggs but not to fear! If this happens to you, embrace it! You can use broken/damaged egg whites that are no longer suitable for “shells” to make your filling fluffier!
- Place the yolks (and any broken egg whites) in a small bowl
- Smash those yolks!
- Add your ingredients and mix well, adding yogurt/Dijon mustard/relish/spices to taste
- Spoon yolk mixture into egg whites. Don’t be skimpy! You’ll have plenty of it! That’s what the extra egg whites are for!
- Serve and enjoy!
I really like this adaptation of deviled eggs, because I get all of the protein from the eggs (plus a little from the greek yogurt) and I don’t have nearly the guilt that would come with traditional deviled eggs.
I made this version with the 1t chili powder. It definitely puts a different twist on the deviled egg! Leave it out if you’re looking for a more traditional-tasting deviled egg.
For instant access to fat-loss friendly recipes, nutrition tips, workouts and more join the BeyondFit Life Club!