This garlic lime shrimp and chicken recipe is packed with flavor and super easy to prepare. You can also get creative with the choice of meat. You can add in some scallops, steak tips, just use chicken, etc. I bet this marinade would also be awesome with skewers of choice meat on the grill!
Garlic Lime Shrimp and Chicken
- ½ lb of chicken, cut into small chunks or strips
- ½ lb deveined shrimp
- Variety of bell peppers cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 T olive oil
- Juice of one lime, freshly squeezed
- Juice of one small orange, freshly squeezed
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1 t minced onions
- ¾ t cumin
- ¾ t oregano
- ½ t cilantro
- ½ t black pepper
- Mix oil, juices, and spices in a small bowl. Place shrimp and chicken in a re-sealable plastic bag and add mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to let the flavor soak in.
- Cook strips of bell pepper and onion in a heated skillet for 2-3 minutes. Add in shrimp and chicken and toss in pan until fully cooked.
- Spoon into a bowl and serve with spaghetti squash, over greens, in a Flat Out Wrap, or simply by itself.
Need some more quick & easy dinner ideas?
We have tons of delicious, healthy and easy recipes at BeyondFit Life!
If you need ideas for healthy week night dinners, fat loss friendly snacks, quick and easy breakfasts, and more…you will love the recipe section of the portal!
And to make things even better: you can download all our member recipes INSTANTLY!