By Kate Horney
Looking for a low carb, and high protein breakfast treat?
Look no further! The recipe below is from my friend Wendy Moore (aka the pancake queen) and it is sure to please your entire family!
Mixed Berry Protein Pancakes
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg whites
- ¼ c unsweetened coconut almond milk
- ¼ c mixed berry blend(Raspberry, Blueberry and Blackberry)
- 2 -3 drops of Vanilla Stevia or you can use stevia packets
- 4 TBS Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. psyllium husk (Feel free to omit this ingredient; however it keeps the pancakes thick and fluffy!)
- Non-stick spray or coconut oil for coating your fry pan
Ingredients (Topping- Mixed Berry Compote)
- ¼ cup Frozen Mixed Berries (I used a mix that had Raspberries, Blueberries and Blackberries)
- 2-3 tsp of Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- First, combine wet ingredients in a bowl. This includes the egg, egg whites, vanilla extract and unsweetened coconut almond milk. I like to whip it around real good to make it frothy and light. Mix all of your dry ingredients, which include your coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, psyllium husk and stevia. Combine the wet and dry and mix until well combined. If your batter looks to thick, just add another TBS or two of the almond milk until you get your desired consistency. I use a large pancake griddle when making mine. You could also use a non-stick frying pan and coat it with some coconut oil and set the stove to low-medium heat. Allow your pan to heat up nice and hot. For uniform size pancakes, I use my 1/4c to make smaller pancakes. Pour your batter into the pan and use a spoon to spread it out into a circle. Once the pancakes bubble, flip and allow to cook on the opposite side.
- While pancakes are cooking, prepare your mixed berry compote topping. In a small bowl combine 1/4c of frozen berries. Microwave for approx. 30-40 seconds until warm and juicy.
- Plate your pancakes. Top your pancake with the mixed berry compote. Sprinkle your coconut flakes on top. Enjoy!!!
P.S. Like this recipe? Don’t forget to post a pic of YOUR #healthyholiday pancake breakfast on Instagram! Hashtag #beyondfitlife @irondiva71 @beyondfit to connect with us! oxo!
Bonus: Now you can PIN this recipe so you can find it easily!!! Then click below to share the love with your friends! 🙂