I can’t wait to share this strawberry jam recipe-no sugar- with you!
But first, a little ode to fresh strawberries: one of my favorite things about spring since moving to North Carolina 4 years ago is strawberry picking… We are talking about some of the biggest, juiciest, sweetest berries I have ever seen or tasted.
I eat about half my weight in strawberries while I’m picking and then when I get home I divide up the rest…. Some stay in the fridge prepped for a healthy afternoon snack (think strawberries and peanut butter), some go in the freezer to be added to my PWO protein shake…
And finally, some get made into jam. (using this strawberry jam recipe)
After careful consideration (I didn’t want to waste any berries or stevia) I decided to ditch the traditional sugar filled homemade strawberry jams and try the strawberry jam recipe I had with stevia instead of sugar or splenda.(That’s right- finally a healthy strawberry jam recipe- no sugar!) Now I didn’t reinvent the wheel with this recipe but for any of you who are new to making your own jam this is a must try! 🙂
Strawberry Jam Recipe- No Sugar
- 1 box low sugar SureJell Pectin
- 3 Cups blended Strawberries
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup Stevia
- 4 glass canning jars with a 2 piece lid
- Blend your strawberries in your blender. You still want there to be chunks of strawberry, you don’t want to completely puree them.
- In a sauce pan bring the strawberries, water, and pectin to a boil. Stir continuously for 1 minute so that it remains boiling while you are stirring.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the Stevia. Pour the liquid into the jars and seal lid tightly.
- Place the sealed jars in a larger pot of boiling water and let sit for 10 minutes. This will seal them. Carefully remove the jars with tongs and place on a towel. You can tell if the jar is sealed by pressing on the top of the lid. It will not pop if it is sealed. Allow the jam to sit out at room temperature for 24 hours to set. Store jam in a cool, dark place and refrigerate after opening.
Need some more healthy recipe ideas?
We have tons of delicious, healthy and easy recipes at BeyondFit Life!
If you need ideas for healthy week night dinners, fat loss friendly snacks, quick and easy breakfasts, and more… you will love the recipe section of the portal!
And to make things even better: you can download all our member recipes INSTANTLY!