Homemade Sugar Free, Dairy Free Pudding
So I may or may not have mentioned before that I have a big sweet tooth. 😉 I love dessert and have been thankful for finding so many fat loss friendlier options. I came across this recipe last week that is not only dessert but also contains a full serving of veggies…WAIT…WHAT?!?! I was a little unsure of it but decided to have an open mind and give it a try. I encourage you to do the same 😉 This may even be a great way to sneak more veggies into your children’s diet!
Lemon Pudding Ingredients:
- 3 cups (350 grams) of roughly chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons xylitol or other sweetener
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- zest from 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Add cauliflower, almond milk, sweetener, extract and zest to a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat, uncovered.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 5-7 minutes, until cauliflower is very soft. Remove from heat.
- Add in lemon juice and pour into the bowl of your food processor or blender. Blend on high for until very smooth.
- Pour into a clean bowl and allow to cool at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight. (Refrigeration helps the bold lemon flavor subside and really transforms this pudding. Do not skip this step!)
- After your pudding is chilled overnight you can add sweetener to taste as you serve it.
Chocolate Pudding: Add 2 Tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder and omit lemon zest and lemon juice.
Let me know what you think!!!