By Shari Johnston (BeyondFit Life Member!)
This is recipe #2 from the Summer Sizzle Series and today we’re making…
Cashew Almond Butter!
One of our snacks for the Bikini Challenge last month was peanut butter and celery…YIKES!
As much as I love me some PB, my skin does not!
Enter Cashew Almond Butter!!
- 3 C total almonds and cashews, 24 hours soaked, and rinsed
- 4-5 T melted coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 2 t ground cinnamon
- Put the nuts and half of the coconut oil into the vitamix.
- Blend on level 3, tamping down until the blades are having trouble (45 seconds).
- Stop the blender, very gently use a rubber spatula to move your nut butter around. Add the remaining oil, return to purée.
- Purée until desired consistency, mine took about 2 minutes.
- Empty butter into a bowl and add the salt and cinnamon.
- Mix well then spoon into a mason jar.
BeyondFit Life Club. Register and join 10,000+ other moms worldwide on the quest to banish muffin tops, thunder thighs and jello arms once & for all!