Resistance Bands Exercises: 5 Exercises for Toned Arms & Shoulders
Summer is right around the corner, and for a lot of us, that means it’s time for summer vacation.
I know while traveling it may be hard to get in those workouts, especially if you’re traveling by plane and not having access to a gym.
Packing heavy weights in a carry-on is not ideal, but a great alternative is a resistance band.
Resistance bands come in various weights and are easy to pack, making them ideal for travel and workouts (think: toned arms & shoulders) on the go.
Here are 5 resistance band exercises for your upper body:
- Bicep Curl – With your feet shoulder width apart, place both feet on band, holding both ends in hands. Bending at the elbows, bring hands up to shoulders doing a basic bicep curl. Make sure each movement is controlled.
- Shoulder Press – Once again, feet shoulder width apart, both feet on the band, hold both ends. Stand with elbows bent, hands at shoulder level. Push hands above head and return to starting position.
- Overhead Tricep Extension – Placing one end of the band of the floor, stand on band with both feet while holding other end in hand. Holding the end of the hand with both hands, bring arms behind the head and bent at the elbows. Elbows will be pointing toward the ceiling. Straighten the elbows so the hands are pointed toward the ceiling and slowly bring arms back to the starting position.
- Side Raise and Front Raise – Standing with both feet on the band, hold both ends. For the side raise: arms down by your side, slowly bring arms up to shoulder height, engaging those shoulder muscles, then take arms back down to starting position. Front raises: with arms down by your side, bring arms in front to shoulder height. Engaging the shoulders, take arms back down to starting position.
- Rows – Stand on band with both feet, holding both ends. Choke up on the bands so you feel a little more resistance. With knees slightly bent, bending forward slightly and engaging the core. Bending the elbows, bring arms back, squeezing the shoulder blades together, then slowly return arms to starting position.
With these basic exercises you’ll get toned arms and shoulders, and you can incorporate them with lower body exercises, such as squats and lunges for a full body fat burning workout.
No gym, no problem!
No matter where you travel, you have the tools and motivation for a great workout.
Need some more workout ideas?
We have quick and effective workouts at BeyondFit Life for fat burning, muscle toning, core training and more!
And to make things even better, you can download our workouts INSTANTLY!