Easy Baked Spaghetti Squash
Hey pasta lovers… This one is for you! 🙂
I have had a lot of Bikini Boot Campers asking me about my spaghetti squash. I cook up a squash at the start of every week because it is easy and makes a lot. You will not even believe how easy and versatile it can be, not to mention loaded with nutrients and fat loss friendly. For those of you who don’t know, this is what one looks like…
Quick & Easy Baked Spaghetti Squash:
- First you will cut your squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Then you will place each half face down in a baking dish and poke holes with a fork all around the outside part of the squash.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until tender.
- Use a fork to shred the squash. It will look stringy like small strands of spaghetti.
Get creative with how you will enjoy it. Here are some of my favorites:
- Topped with buffalo chicken chili (recipe to come)
- As “pasta” with a homemade meat sauce made with lean ground turkey and loaded with veggies.
- As a side to any dish. I like to drizzle balsamic vinegar and garlic on it. (Balsamic vinegar slows down the time it takes for food to leave the stomach and decreases the insulin-releasing effects of a meal = feel fuller faster and longer)
Do you have any more creative ways to enjoy this fat loss friendly veggie? Let us know!