Traditional meatloaf contains a combo of fatty ground beef and high starch breadcrumbs (Fat + Starch = FAT STORING); making for a total fat content that can hit up to 25 grams per serving with a carbohydrate count that almost matches.
Check out this slimmed down version of meatloaf instead.
The recipe below cuts out the unnecessary fat by using lean ground turkey and gluten free whole rolled oats; plus, it’s chock full of fibrous veggies to help fill you up and keep your insulin on an even-keel.
The best part? This recipe tastes great and is easy to prepare; only taking about 15 – 20 minutes of actual kitchen prep time!
Gluten Free Turkey & Veg MeatloafMakes 2 loafs – 4 servings per loaf (1 serving = 2 slices) Prep time – 15 – 20 minutes Baking time – 1 hour 15 minutes Ingredients:
- 3lbs Ground Turkey Breast
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ Red Pepper, diced
- ½ Green Pepper, diced
- ½ Red Onion, diced
- 1 C. Spinach, thinly chopped
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C. Gluten Free Oats
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and set aside.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and combine well. NOTE: You will get a better mix by mixing with your hands.
- Half the mixture and mold into loaf shape, creating 2 loafs. Place the 2 loafs on the lined baking sheet with enough space between the two for even cooking.
- Place on middle rack in oven and bake for 1 hour – 1 hour and 15 minutes (ovens vary) until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Slice and serve this meatloaf with low sugar ketchup and any one of your favorite steamed vegetable combos (I like mine with brussels sprouts!). This meatloaf also holds well – keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days. 🙂
Here is the estimated nutrition content for a serving of this meatloaf. Remember, 1 serving = 2 slices. Calories: 225, Total Fat: 5g, Total Carbs: 10g, Total Fiber: 5g, Protein: 37g, Sugar: <1g
Ever wondered where all the top fitness tips, quick-glance food lists, fat-loss recipes and metabolism-boosting workouts are kept?
You’ve found them! They’re all here – at BeyondFit Life.
Join now and get INSTANT access to FAT-BURNING workouts, SIMPLE recipes and SECRETS from inside the fitness industry!