By Kate Horney
Blueberries are packed with health benefits!
As you know, they’re full of fiber, potassium, folate, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and phytonutrients- all which promote optimal health, fitness, and fat loss.
The fiber in blueberries helps keep you feeling fuller longer and has even been shown to lower the total amount of cholesterol in the blood and decrease the risk of heart disease.
If you’re looking for some healthy blueberry muffins with an added protein boost, give this recipe a try….
Healthy Blueberry Protein Muffins
Write a review
- • 2 scoops snickerdoodle protein powder (I used THIS: https://bit.ly/2IZQPut)
- • 1 cup protein pancake mix (I used THIS: http://amzn.to/29OgqpI)
- • 1/2 cup baking stevia
- • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- • 1 cup blueberries
- • 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- • 2 whole eggs
- • 2 tbsp vanilla
- • 2 tbsp. coconut butter, melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together dry ingredients, followed by wet ingredients.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Spray muffin tin/liners and in pour batter.
- Bake 14 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and tooth pick comes out clean.
Beyond Fit Mom http://beyondfitmom.com/
WARNING: baking with protein powder can results in major FAILS!
The type of protein powder you bake with makes all the difference in the taste and texture of your recipe. If you don’t want to your dessert to taste like cardboard, make sure to use a high quality protein powder that bakes well.
Click here to get the protein powder I use to bake with.
P.S. If you’re like us and you LOVE blueberries, here are 4 more healthy blueberry recipes: